Website Compass Point Recruitment
This listing is about Compass Point Recruitment in Bury St. Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
About the job
I am currently recruiting for a Plant & Commercial Vehicle Co-Ordinator to join an established business based on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds. They are looking at the growth within the business and are forward planning to expand their strong team.
I am interested in speaking to candidates who ideally have previous experience working in compliance or transport or a relevant skill set. This is a vital position within the team to assist with the smooth running of daily transport operations. This role would suit someone with experience working within busy, fast paced environments.
- Effectively manage all plant and commercial vehicles across all depots.
- Liaise with delivery drivers to ensure all relevant documentation has been completed correctly to ensure they are fully compliant, e.g. achographs, daily inspections, regular servicing, and maintenance of all vehicles, FORS/CLOKS, etc. This will include all plant and commercial vehicles across all depots
- Continue to maintain and progress our accreditation levels in relation to FORS and be instrumental in achieving Gold status.
- Ensure that all drivers are compliant with EU/UK driving hours regulations and all vehicles are maintained and compliant with EU/UK regulations
- Keep accurate records of all of the above to ensure we are fully compliant
- Provide support to transport team, e.g., cover holidays and support during busy periods. This will also include day to day routing of vehicles and administration
- Report directly to Transport Manager.
- Good organisational skills
- Good/confident telephone manner
- Computer skills and knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- Confident and polite
- Ability to work within a small team, under pressure and at speed
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- GSCE in Maths and English C or above (or equivalent)
- Confident & willing to pick the phone up!
- Experience working in a small team
- Good time keeping and attendance record
- Good sense of humour
- Good work ethic
- Ability to learn and willing to progress
Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:30-5:30
Location: Outskirts of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Salary – £22,000 – £23,000 rising to £24,000 following successful completion of probation
Parking on site own transport required due to location
Outstanding benefits package including health care, car lease schemes, store discounts and wine club!
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply today!
Company: Compass Point Recruitment
Job Location: Bury St. Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org