Country Manager/Director in Confidential San José, Costa Rica
This job listing is about Confidential in San José, Costa Rica 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Lead, develop and drive the overall strategic direction and business plan by orchestrating an ongoing planning process that produces a clear and compelling vision and mid and long-term business objectives.
- Leading the strategic direction and strategic objectives of the company whilst monitoring and reporting progress to the Regional Head and Board of Directors.
- Develop and deliver the country strategy, and approve policies and plans that contribute to the overall corporate plan for revenue generation and profitable growth
- Set, and monitor performance for the country against SLA’s, standards and targets such as efficiency, cost control, revenue, budgets, commercial, legal compliance and human resource management
- Lead continuous optimization of operations and infrastructure using best practices across stations & countries
- Lead, coach and evaluate a team of Senior Managers to ensure that the cluster achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws
- Develop and implement career and succession plans for key positions and proactively manage talent to retain key people
- Drive and support commercial and business development growth through promoting and leading major business development opportunities and coordination of projects with the respective central unit
- Develop and build relationships with key stakeholders to effectively manage the relationship with key partners; support the customer retention; build new business lines and expand into new locations
- Represent the organization at public occasions to present a positive image of the organization
- Business Plan
- Contribute to the setting of the strategic direction and strategic objectives in line with corporate plans
- Develop and gain approval for the annual business plan, operating plan, and operating budget, based on SPI’s overall business strategy & plan and budget
- Manage ongoing business, financial and operating performance relating to the plans and budgets, on a quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily basis. Provide timely and accurate reporting on financial, quality and operating results and special projects and initiatives
- Develop and execute an organizational plan for all key functions. Ensure that major functional shortcomings in the organization are addressed and that appropriate succession plans are developed and implemented
- Provide strong and inspired leadership in a fast-paced environment to all employees, promoting and maintaining high employee morale. Establish high expectations for all employees with regard to performance and adherence to company values
- Ensure that there is a good working relationship with regard to industrial relations matters with the Trade Union representatives and Officers where relevant
- Oversee, through operating team, day-to-day operations ensuring adherence to high levels of safety, security, cost control, customer service, on-time, and financial performance related to people, equipment and aircraft
- Drive quality improvement and unit cost reduction programs to cope with competitive requirements
- Display, and act on, a real and ongoing concern for the delivery of outstanding customer service and operating integrity by probing into daily operating performance and spending time “in the field”
Sales and Marketing
- Exploit all cross-selling opportunities in close cooperation with SPI’s other business lines worldwide through the network, specific countries and by product lines. Identify potential M&A opportunities to enlarge the business and presence in the area.
- Working through the sales and marketing functions, ensuring that we translate its customer value proposition into workable product and service attributes that can be easily and efficiently implemented in the field day-to-day.
- Ensure that the company’s services are properly marketed and that handling agreements are concluded in co-operation with ‘Marketing’.
- External Constituents
- Manage relationships with senior representatives of various key constituents including employees, suppliers, various levels of government regulators, airport authorities, and local communities. Serve as the primary external ambassador for the customers.
- Ensures the company is in compliance with all local and international required regulatory. Ensure that all airport handling activities are conducted in compliance with all government-mandated security procedures and industry safety standards
Key Performance Indicators
- Business development
- EBITDA and EBITDA Margin
- Customers won/lost ratio
- Cash management days outstanding
- Quality = ISO audits / airline audits
- Customer satisfaction
- HR metrics
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree in Finance or Business Administration preferred
- A respected industry leader with a successful background and proven track record in high volume – low margin –high labor industries such as Transportation & Logistics
- Principled negotiator with customers and regarding industrial relationship matters with the trade unions
- Possess strong market credibility gained through results achievement (meaningful top-line revenue drive as well as bottom-line cost/efficiency management) and exceptional client relationship
- Proven track record of board-level leadership within a similarly large customer-facing organization.
- Advanced strategic skills and commercial acumen combined with the ability to motivate senior teams in a multicultural environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple constituencies and mentor staff.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, other languages an advantage.
- High energy, personal presence and maturity as components of leadership ability in order to facilitate the best decision making and achieve results
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San José, Costa Rica
Application Deadline: N/A