This job listing is about Olam in Pokola, Sangha, Republic of the Congo 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Job Title : Manager Corporate Social Responsibility
Functional Area : Sustainability/ CSR/ ESG
Overview of Position:
The CSR Manager role will involve management of Environment, Forestry and Social Governance of our 2.1 MN Ha of Sustainable forestry Management operations in Republic of Congo. Our fully owned subsidiary, Congolaise Industrielle des Bois is a leader in certified tropical forestry and is considered a benchmark for its CSR policies since 54 years.
This is an accomplished role in a multifaceted operation with very high potential. Overall responsibilities include redefining and implementation of the CSR policies, development of new projects and anchoring relationship with national and international partners.
This role will give the incumbent a unique opportunity to build his/her career in Olam Agri. The role involves involves significant stakeholder management (both internal and external). Given the current trends in Sustainable Forestry Management, our leadership position in Congo Basin, the incumbent has significant headroom to influence the certified Tropical Timber Trade.
As CSR Manager , the incumbent will have to take full end to end responsibility for maintaining certification, implementing the social strategy, development of carbon projects and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for environment and social studies and research.
1. Responsible for maintaining the FSC® certification for all forestry concessions in Republic of Congo and anchoring annual certification audits. Lead dual certification project with newly developed PAFC certification for Congo Basin
2. Improve population, especially Indigenous Communities engagement in villages in and around our concession with the objective of achieving Olam purpose of thriving communities
3. Leading the team of Social Communicators and identify innovative ways of communicating with the population
4. Implementation of Fauna protection strategy by collaborating with International Partner like WCS and National Ministerial Committees.
5. Innovate Wildlife Protection strategy by collaborating with research institutes and International Bodies
6. Handling the healthcare strategy for own hospital, clinics, healthcare projects and campaigns
7. Collaborate with international research institutes like CIRAD for strategic projects on Forestry and Environment
8. Lead the longest existing REDD+ project in Congo Basin for successful generation of VCU
9. Develop new projects for carbon sequestration in Forestry, Wood Processing or Energy Generation. Lead discussions with consultants and bodies like Verra or Gold Standard
10. Play the role of Olam Agri Wood Products CRS face in the complex regulatory environment. The incumbent must manage the complex regulatory environment, constantly keeping in touch with the important stakeholders in Ministries, NGOs, Regional Working Groups
· Master’s degree in Forestry, Sustainability, Environment Studies or Equivalent
· 10+ years of experience in the domain
· Understanding of Mapping Softwares
· Language Skills: French and English
Location/Country : Pokola, Republic of Congo
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pokola, Sangha, Republic of the Congo
Application Deadline: N/A