Website COSTA NAVARINO
This job listing is about COSTA NAVARINO in Athens, Attiki, Greece 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Mandarin Oriental, Costa Navarino is seeking for a Director of Guest Experience (Front of House Manager)
Mandarin Oriental, Costa Navarino will be located on the southwest coast of the Peloponnese, one of the most unspoiled and breath-taking landscapes in the Mediterranean, and 45 minutes’ drive from Kalamata International Airport.
The beachfront resort will be part of the sustainable resort destination of Costa Navarino, a well-established tourism destination which includes 3 other resorts. It will comprise 99 guest rooms, including 48 pool villas, all with outdoor terraces and sea views, along with five restaurants and bars.
Mandarin Oriental, Costa Navarino will position itself as an exclusive resort hideaway in Greece, providing the best of barefoot luxury art of living.
Mandarin Oriental, Costa Navarino will differentiate themselves from other resorts through a flawless execution paired with offering of creative bespoke experiences tailormade for each guest. Exceptional staff will truly delight and satisfy each and every guest with our exemplary Legendary Quality Services emphasizing a sense of place mixed with our Oriental heritage.
To create, develop, coordinate internal and external guest experiences for resort guests (inside and outside) to make the most of their stay at the resort. The position will also oversee the Managers and Supervisors on Duty including the night management overseeing the Emergency Response Team. Finally, the position will oversee all day-to-day of the Front Office Operations.
Scope of Position
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will take full responsibility for all aspects of the Guest Experience and Front of House operations. Be pro-active, creative and results driven. This position provides direction and leadership to the Front of House team to meet and exceed guest experiences and satisfaction and maximize revenue opportunities and guest satisfaction levels to the standards set by the Group.
Duties And Responsibilities
Ensure smooth running of the Guest Experience and Rooms Front of House operations and maintain standards:
- To create, develop, coordinate internal and external guest experiences for resort guests to make the most of their stay at the resort.
- To supervise the function of all Front of House employees, facilities and financial performance to ensure maximum departmental profit and cost efficiency is achieved.
- To control and analyse, on an on-going basis, in order to optimise the following:
- Quality levels of products and service
- Guest Satisfaction
- Quality Measurements (such as LQE & MO Pillars)
- Financial Performance
- Hygiene and cleanliness
- To ensure maintenance and programming of all Rooms IT systems.
- To ensure that all hardware is operational and updated.
- To organize annual maintenance of the contingency systems that supports IT&T equipment and systems.
- Identify Guest Experience and Rooms technology trends that might be suitable and appropriate for the operation
- To participate in public relation activities or promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of the food and beverage department of the hotel.
- To work with Sales and Public Relations to manage the roll out of the annual promotional schedule of guest experiences and to create new experiences to our guests.
- To encourage usage of Social Media for Guest Experience brand awareness, guest feedback and increased revenues and assess outcome.
- To monitors and analyse the competitors operations in order to assess their activities and trends and to ensure that we keep getting better to keep us the best.
- To review and analyse market trends globally and locally in order to keep up to date in our operation.
- To carry out any other reasonable request as directed by your General Manager/ Resort Manager/ Management.
- To conduct or to ensure monthly Front of House meetings relating to; but not limited to following:
- New management policies
- Quality improvementesults
- Sales improvement/ Upsell
- Productivity improvement
- Career development, succession planning, education
- To attend all other meeting as required by the administrative calendar
- To provide leadership and support for all colleagues.
- To establish and maintain effective employees relations.
- To conduct such functions, as interviewing, hiring, employee orientation, appraisal, coaching, counselling and dismissal if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity. To consult with Resort Manager/ General Manager and Director of Human Resources as appropriate in performing above duties.
- To develop and implement formal training plans for Rooms colleagues.
- To conduct regular colleague appraisals and update information on PROFILE to ensure succession planning
Human Resources/ Colleagues
- To ensure that all finance procedures in the Front of House follow the MOHG guidelines and Finance’s department including the handling of third part operators and the sister resorts.
- To participate in the preparation of the annual budget and marketing plan, taking ownership for the Guest Experience labor and Marketing sections.
- To prepare Rooms annual Capex plan and management of Capex projects and expenditure.
- Maintaining Standards
- Uphold and enforce all hotel policies and procedures as stated in hotel colleague handbook
- Inform and advise immediately of any potential or actual infringement of policies & procedures.
Health and Safety
- To be aware of, and comply with, safe working practices as laid down in Company H & S Manual, as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place.
- To be aware of, and comply with Food Hygiene Standards.
- To wear any appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Hotel.
- To report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to the Hotel procedures.
- To ensure any accidents to colleagues, guests or visitors are reported in accordance with Hotel procedures.
- To attend statutory fire training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning, fire, health & safety.
- To attend any training deemed appropriate by the company.
- To elect a departmental health & safety representative.
- To ensure H&S representative attends all meetings
- To undertake responsibility for supervising, training and instructing colleagues in terms of H&S.
- Degree holder in Hotel and Catering Management preferred
- Minimum 6 years working experience with at least 4 years of Front Office experience
- Minimum 4 years working experience in a luxury hotel operation in a similar supervisory capacity
- Experience with Guest Relations/ Butler programs in resort is preferred.
- Must be highly numerate and able to work comprehensively with spreadsheets and budgeting packages.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English. Greek is preferred.
- Experience in Benchmarking activities
- Excellent forward planning and decision making skills
- Experience in performance Management
- Experience in dealing with a multi-cultural environment and people oriented
- Experience in developing teams and individuals
- Experience in quality driven projects
- Experience in change Management
- Excellent leadership, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills whether verbal, written or non-verbal
- Excellent project management
- Approachable, open minded and fair
- Flexible and with high energy level
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to allocate resources and trust others to take authority and responsibility
Company: COSTA NAVARINO
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Athens, Attiki, Greece
Application Deadline: N/A