This job listing is about GardaWorld in Bujumbura, Bujumbura Mairie, Burundi 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Country Manager, Burundi / Permanent Employee Position.
GardaWorld Security Services Middle East and Africa (SS-MEA) / reporting to the Managing Director, East Africa.
Place Of Work/Travel
Bujumbura, Burundi, with frequent travel within Burundi and occasional international travel to GardaWorld’s areas of operations globally and to our management offices in Nairobi, Dubai, London, and Montreal.
Contact And Cooperation
Internally : This role will work in close collaboration with the Deputy Country Manager, Burundi, the in- country management team and Group wide
Externally: Government, clients, vendors, security partners and service providers.
The incumbent will be responsible for GardaWorld Burundi’s key in country stakeholder engagement, regulatory compliance and will lead on specific sales activities to ensure year on year organic growth of the business. The role’s duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and grow new and existing strategic relationships with key government stakeholders and authorities as well as other public sector players. Maintain a key stakeholder map which should be updated as changes occur.
- Represent the company in any relevant Chambers of Commerce and business / trade associations.
- Develop and grow new and existing commercial relationships with market participants within the business community focusing on clients within the diplomatic, oil & gas, banking, FMCG, telecom, development and infrastructure sectors.
- Undertake continual research on specific sectors and provide senior level guidance to the GW Burundi growth strategy.
- Provide updates on any key changes to Government legislation and regulation which could affect GW Burundi’s operations. Where action is required as a result of such changes, provide any and all support to ensure a smooth path to compliance in the time permitted.
- Partner with and provide advice to the Deputy Country Manager across all commercial, regulatory, compliance and operational areas within the country.
- Provide commercial insights to the business for any and all business development activities which ultimately improves probability to win and reduces the speed to revenue timeline.
- Development and management of strategic client relationships with a focus on securing strategic sales and achievement of sales deliverables.
- As a collaborative member of the country management team, challenge perceived wisdom, engage with strategic stakeholders and promote company values and standards.
- Provide advice and direction to the Managing Director East Africa and the Deputy Country Manager on all issues related to the political, economic and legal environment of the country directly or indirectly related to our sectors of activity.
- Highly developed communication skills within a commercial business environment at a senior level–ability to convey complex information across a wide-ranging audience.
- Knowledge of operational and technical physical security issues.
- Highly developed financial and technical skills – thinks in terms of profit/loss/value-add.
- Detailed understanding of Socio-economic factors in operational geographies.
- Ability to gain clear agreement and commitment to goals using highly developed negotiation skills.
- Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends.
- Initiates and generates activity within a team environment and fosters team spirit.
- Upholds ethics, integrity and values and leads by example.
- Demonstrates effective commercial networks, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels.
- Attention to detail coupled with an analytical mindset and understanding of the political, economic and social operating environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to convey complex messages across a wide-ranging audience, both internally and externally to clients and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to give prompt, clear and considered advice within challenging and high-risk environments.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics and ensures these principles cascade down to all areas within the business unit.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- In support of the business team, ability to initiate and direct customer contact to proposal, contract negotiation, execution and service delivery across the business unit.
- Ability to act in complex conceptual negotiations to win new business or maintain current business.
- Knowledge of English business language required.
- Fluency Kirundi and French languages required.
As delegated and directed by the GardaWorld Managing Director, East Africa.
The Country Manager, Burundi is accountable to the Managing Director, East Africa for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through real time performance feedback as well as the performance reviews and supported through the monitoring of their KPIs.
- Minimum 10 years commercial experience at management level within a commercially driven environment.
- Demonstrable network with key Government and other stakeholders as outlined above.
- Experience with identifying new business opportunities and with managing and developing current business networks within Burundi.
- Experience with developing and presenting commercial proposals to clients in a professional manner across a variety of business scenarios.
- Capable of translating operational strategy into commercially viable solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and management of legal processes and requirements within complex operating environments.
- Bachelor’s degree level education and MBA desirable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bujumbura, Bujumbura Mairie, Burundi
Application Deadline: N/A