Website International Fund for Agricultural Development IFAD
This job listing is about International Fund for Agricultural Development IFAD in Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Country Operations Analyst is accountable for a range of administrative and programme support functions pertaining to coordination and execution of field operations.
The incumbent provides services to the Country Directors (CDs) and Country Programme Officers (CPO) within the Multi-country Office (MCO) on both programme and resource related matters on which s/he may also receive guidance from the Country Programme Officer, the Senior Regional Procurement and the Regional Directors’ Front Office, as appropriate. S/he may provide technical guidance and support to the Country Programme Assistant (CPA) and/or Administrative Assistant (AA) in Multi-country Office, collaborates closely with staff at IFAD HQ and collates information and data to ensure consistency, cohesion and synergy in administrative and programme related matters.
Key Performance Indicators
Technical analysis and synthesis of information and data, including database management, creates the foundation for IFAD’s decision-making processes, and for ensuring quality of policy and programme advice provided to regional staff and/or the government. Analytical documents and linked monitoring frameworks (programme log frames inform the IFAD Results-Based Country Strategic Opportunities Programme [RB COSOP] objectives and the Results Management Framework) are used in the development and evaluation of IFAD’s country programmes. Thus, the Country Operations Analyst contributes to upholding of the Country Office’s reputation by showcasing IFAD’s capacity for successful programme delivery, which enhances IFAD’s recognition as a reliable development partner. The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the Multi-country Office. Accurate analysis and presentation of information, thoroughly researched and fully documented work strengthens the capacity of the hub and facilitates subsequent action by the supervisors. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
Job Profile Requirements
- Building relationships and partnerships – Builds and maintains effective working relationships
- Communicating and negotiating – Communicates effectively; creates understanding between self and others
- Demonstrating leadership – Personal leadership and attitude to change
- Focusing on clients – Focuses on clients
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating – Continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge & innovates
- Managing performance and developing staff –
- Managing time, resources and information – Manages own time, information and resources effectively
- Problem-solving and decision-making – Demonstrates sound problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Strategic thinking and organizational development – Personal influence
- Team working – Contributes effectively to the team
- Education includes Advanced university degree from an accredited institution listed on https://whed.net/home.php in accounting, business administration, development, economics, finance, international relations or related field is required (*):
- (*) Note: For internal candidates, this requirement will be assessed in line with the provisions set forth in IFAD’s Human Resources Implementing Procedures.
- At least one (1) year of progressively responsible professional experience in development institutions and/or government service.
- Position-specific experience:
- Qualifying work experience in operations management and/or loan/grant administration with International financial institutions, development cooperation agencies, etc., would be an asset.
- English (4 – Excellent)
- Desirable: Spanish or Arabic (3 – Good)
- Position specific: Excellent command of French
- Budgeting, resource management: Know-how in budget administration and accounting, resource allocation and planning at divisional level
- Procedure adherence: Ability to strictly adhere to established, formal guidelines, including in new situations
- Data management: Data collection, cleaning, transformation and consolidation; data-base architecture & development; data presentation
- Risk management (e.g. reputational): Identification and assessment of potential liabilities and risks in IFAD’s activities, particularly vis-à-vis third parties; ability to handle risks via contingency and mitigation strategies
- Time management: Adherence to deadlines under time constraints and pressure (e.g. to deliver governing body documents on time); ability to coordinate and manage complex workflows and in-house and external teams
- Basic ICT & digital fluency: High level of digital literacy and ability to quickly get familiar with new digital tools (e.g. ability to carry out EPR data entry and extraction when budgeting; monitoring security systems, uploading content to inter/intra-net websites, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with others (e.g. visitors, clients, callers, etc.), including senior individuals (e.g. high-level meeting participants)
- Problem solving: Strong systemic and structured thinking, ability to identify and dissect problems into components and formulate a comprehensive set of creative viable and sustainable solutions and strategies
- Verbal communication: Clear, succinct and convincing verbal communication; highly professional, balanced and diplomatic language
- Written communication: Clear, succinct and convincing written communication in the language needed for specific role; highly professional, balanced and diplomatic language (e.g. for drafting of position papers, briefings, etc.)
- Topical expertise – Programme Mgmt for Agricultural Development: Expertise relevant to the specific role (e.g. For ethics office assistant, procedures outlined in the Code of Conduct, Discipline and Anti-harassment provisions of applicable rules and guidelines)
IFAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic, social or political background, colour, nationality, religion, age, gender, disability, marital status, family size or sexual orientation.
Please be aware of fraudulent job offers. IFAD does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. Official communication from IFAD will always come from e-mails ending in @ifad.org.
Applicants for vacancies in the National Professional Officer (NPO) category should be nationals of the country in which the position is located.
Click “Apply” to read the full job description and submit your application.
Deadline for applications: 03 January 2023
Ref: VA 9503
Company: International Fund for Agricultural Development IFAD
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal
Application Deadline: N/A