Website White Hat Gaming
This job listing is about White Hat Gaming in Timişoara, Timiş, Romania 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
About White Hat Gaming
Founded in 2012, White Hat Gaming (WHG) is an online casino technology and services company with offices in Malta, London, Gibraltar, Chicago, and Cape Town. With a global team of over 550 specialists, we provide market-leading content, including Kambi Sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers.
We promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff. As we grow rapidly, we continue to maintain a start-up atmosphere where we help each other and take a holistic approach to our day-to-day responsibilities.
We’re looking for a Database Developer with PostgreSQL experience. The role involves analysing the needs and producing an effective database system according to the required specifications. This includes both working within teams building database-centric application services and being responsible for building and maintaining ETL processes.
You will be part of our truly international Tech team of experts who are all working closely together, fully remotely.
- Coordinate with the developers, managers, and leadership teams to build effective products
- Collaborate with product managers to make sure our data offerings meet requirements
- Work closely with platform developers to ensure services have the right data model and access patterns
- Keep a check on data structures and quality of data with DBAs
- Integrate and maintain database code in procedures, scripts, queries, and views
What you already have:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working with PostgreSQL.
- A large amount of experience with ETL processes.
- Exposure beyond the most basic data models (such as partitioning or JSON columns).
- An ability to write analytics queries, in particular, window functions.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring).
- Good level of experience with Linux scripting.
- Some experience in infrastructure automation (Terraform, Ansible or similar).
- General knowledge of cloud technologies.
- At least some exposure to one JVM Language (Java, Scala, Groovy, Kotlin).
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS technologies (certification is not necessary but is a bonus).
- Expertise in some form of large-scale data warehouse (AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery or similar).
- Knowledge of message queuing, indexing, and high-performance data concepts.
- Familiarity with data structure and algorithms.
- Ability to profile databases.
- Ability to write database queries and code while maintaining data quality, privacy, and security.
How we approach things:
- Medium-sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- We focus on getting stuff done and supporting each other to achieve common and individual goals.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- An inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
- A mostly remote and flexible working schedule.
- Generous time off varied based on the country of residence.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware & Software allowance or work equipment is provided to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
Everything about WHG won’t fit into a job ad, want to find out more about working with us? Apply to get the conversation started.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Company: White Hat Gaming
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Timişoara, Timiş, Romania
Application Deadline: N/A