Website David Lloyd Leisure
This listing is about David Lloyd Leisure in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
About The Role
Who do I report to? Activities Manager (larger clubs) or Operations Manager (Activities)
What’s the purpose of the job?
Supervising and monitoring all activities that take place in the gym within your DL Club and giving our members a fabulous experience every day, 7 days a week combined with carrying out team member shifts and activities. This is a combined role, supervising the gym and PT teams part-time, while also being an active part of the gym team.
What will I be doing?
- Leading the gym team to deliver member obsessed service and member engagement at all times while role-modelling expected behaviour and DL Clubs values.
- Supporting the Activities Manager with all activities that take place in the gym, ensuring adequate and effective scheduling of hours and delivery through the team of any group activities in the gym.
- Leading the gym team to deliver DL Clubs ways of operating and standards, and ensuring health and safety compliance at all times.
- Maximising member experience, member usage and member participation through training, coaching and role-modelling expertise with the gym team in delivering all DL Clubs products consistently.
- Leading from the front working 2 shifts per week on the gym floor engaging with members, delivering high quality sessions.
- Ensuring that Personal Trainers attend / complete the appropriate training on line and in person as appropriate
- Hold 1-2-1’s with Personal Trainers monthly as a minimum.
- Ensure Personal Trainers always have their availability fully up to date on the app. There is full coverage at peak demand times for members to book via the app.
- Review Kickstart bookings daily, including Get to Grips with your gym team.
- Making sure your gym team are trained to deliver all gym floor activities.
- Leading the team to ensure that all gym equipment is working and clean at all times and signage, member communication and music levels, are consistent and deliver a great member experience.
- Ensure any out of order gym kit is reported immediately for repair via pro nett or to your line manager if it needs replacing.
- Liaising with the Activities Manager to ensure that a dynamic programme of activities is provided that match the needs of our members and is delivered consistently.
- Acting as first point on contact and taking ownership for any gym team member queries or concerns.
- Supporting the Activities Manager in ensuring that we recruit great people and induct, train, manage and develop a high performance team.
- Knowing our club and engaging with members about their activities and seeking ways to improve their experience of DL Clubs at every opportunity.
- Liaising with the Activities Manager to agree how to best utilise channels of communication such as Member Surveys, Employee Engagement Surveys, comment cards, member forums, and mystery members etc. to improve the member/team member experience.
- Making sure that my team and my members are in a safe and healthy environment at all times and that all requirements of the Children’s Safety Guide are followed throughout the gym.
- Supporting the reception team to ensure that gym products, courses and classes are compliant to the bookings policy.
- Facilitating, participating and sharing knowledge and expertise with other team members by regular meetings and training sessions.
- Building good relationships within the Club to utilise resources for the benefit of all.
- Working with partners and contractors to ensure consistent delivery of the Service Level Agreements.
- Leading my team to contribute to the club opening and closing procedures.
- Ad hoc activities as required.
How will I be measured?
- Observing me and my team delivering fantastic service and engagement with members.
- Observing me and my team’s speed and efficiency in reacting to incidents, issues or complaint’s.
- What members, team members or mystery members tell us about myself and my team, and our equipment facilities, cleanliness and gym programmes.
- How well I and my team follow DL Clubs standards and ways of operating.
- Achieving Kick Start targets.
- PT Availability on the app
- Achieving my gym engagement scores on the Member Survey.
- Contribution to the clubs profit and loss performance and member count.
- Achieving compliance against all legislative and company audits.
- Monthly club visits from Regional Manager and/or any other Club Support visitors.
What qualifications, skills and experience do I need?
- Minimum REPs or CIMSPA recognised level 2 Personal Trainer.
- Experience in the Fitness Industry.
- Experience supervising team members in a service led industry – desirable.
- Coaching and motivational skills.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Team player.
- Good organisational skills.
- Genuine passion for fitness.
Alternative Job Description
Alternative Language Job Description 2
Company: David Lloyd Leisure
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A