This job listing is about FHI in Dushanbe, Dushanbe, Tajikistan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
TITLE: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
LOCATION: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party for the USAID End Tuberculosis in Tajikistan Activity. This five-year project focuses on locally generated solutions tailored to the TB response to patients and communities to address the diagnosis, treatment and prevention needs, addressing stigma and discrimination in Tajikistan.
The DCOP will be a member of the USAID End Tuberculosis in Tajikistan Activity Senior Management Team and responsible for technical leadership of the project. S/he will provide technical leadership to ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of all project activities and results. S/he will support the Chief of Party (COP) in strategic and annual work planning, management, and monitoring of project operations and key deliverables, liaise with relevant stakeholders from different sectors, and oversight of program and technical activities under the health systems strengthening component. The DCOP will be directly responsible for management of the subaward and performance. S/he will monitor budget spending, project deliverables, and technical assistance and capacity building. S/he will serve as program representative in absence of the COP.
- Supervise the technical teams and cooperate closely with the Chief of Party (COP) on all program and technical matters
- Ensure specified deliverables and achievements completed in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI 360 and USAID cooperative agreement requirements
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the Tajikistan context
- Liaise with and facilitate work planning and regular program and technical meetings for all consortium partners
- Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, partners, government counterparts and beneficiaries and coordinate technical assistance provision
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations
- Represent the project in external stakeholder meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms
- Serve as the primary program representative in the absence/temporary leave of the COP
- At least a bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in public health or public administration or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 7-10 years of professional experience in public health, with relevant experience working on similar community-based health programs in complex environments, preferably in TB, with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a senior management and leadership position for health-related projects, including experience managing USAID projects and staff
- Demonstrated technical experience in in the following areas: Tuberculosis Prevention, Detection and Treatment; Health Systems Strengthening, preferably in Tajikistan
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze state policies, regulations and standards related to the public health and make recommendations for improvement and an in-depth understanding and familiarity with the health systems in the Republic of Tajikistan on the national, regional and local levels
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Tajikistan including experience with executive level government representatives, particularly from the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population and NTP to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to lead and build consensus, cooperation, and coalitions among individuals with competing interests
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Tajik and in English including strong presentation, facilitation and report writing skills
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dushanbe, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Application Deadline: N/A