Deputy Chief Radiographer in Austin Health All Pines, Belize
Website Austin Health
This job listing is about Austin Health in All Pines, Belize 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
- Full time, ongoing position
- Austin Health – all sites
- $130.9k pa base range + salary packaging + super (pro-rata for part time)
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the North East of Melbourne and state-wide. We have a highly engaged, diverse and collaborative workforce that is unified by our purpose, which is to help people live healthy and fulfilled lives.
About The Radiology Department
The Austin Health Radiology Department offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and interventional services and operates at both the Austin and Repatriation Hospitals, as well as providing a satellite imaging service to Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre. The nature of the work requires extended hours provision of service, and all staff are expected to contribute appropriately to cover the extended hours.
The Austin Hospital provides an extensive range of services to inpatient, ED and some Outpatient clinics. The range of services includes General X-ray, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, MRI, CT, Mobile and Theatre, Angiography, Cath Lab and Interventional procedures. The Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital provides radiology services to all remaining Outpatient clinics as well as externally referred patients and some inpatients. The range of services includes General X-ray, Ultrasound, CT, Fluoroscopy, Mobiles and Theatre.
The department also provides education and training for Medical Imaging Technologists and other staff, and also conducts and contributes to research activities.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Medical Imaging Technologist to join our Radiology Department as a Deputy Chief Radiographer. In conjunction with the Chief Radiographer, the Deputy Chief Radiographer provides an important supportive and leadership role in managing the daily operational needs of the Radiology Department and more specifically for the radiographer team of 82.7EFT. The successful applicant can expect to be 1 of 2 Deputy Chief Radiographers, allowing for some shared responsibilities and portfolio/task rotation for administrative duties. See Position Description for more detail around specific tasks and accountabilities. The Deputy Chief Radiographer will also be expected to maintain a level of core clinical imaging skills via appropriately rostered clinical time. Classification and increment are as per award. Previous management experience and/or post graduate qualification would be highly advantageous but is not essential.
A Regular Day May See You
- Managing staff resourcing to meet imaging service needs
- Liaising with other senior staff to ensure modality training and operational needs/planning are met
- Accommodating planned and unplanned leave requirements for the team
- Leading projects, initiatives, changes and innovations
- Undertaking routine and specialised medical imaging procedures using modern equipment and technology
- Working in a dynamic 24/7 hospital environment alongside exceptional team members
Austin Radiology possesses a comprehensive fleet of imaging equipment that provides a wide range of X-ray, OPG, fluoroscopy, intra-operative, CT, MRI, DSA, ultrasound, cardiac cath lab, CBCT, interventional, mobile and ED imaging services. The Department itself is very welcoming, cohesive and supportive amongst the various staffing groups within Radiology and a pleasure to work in. Interested applicants are encouraged to reach out with any questions or to request a tour.
Ideally, You’ll Have
- comprehensive clinical experience as a radiographer
- excellent communication and people skills, emotional intelligence and high standards of care
- leadership and team building experience
- a clear focus and patient, staff, radiation and workplace safety
- a strong work ethic and passion for improvement initiatives
- a high level of flexibility and initiative
Working at Austin Health means enjoying a strong sense of purpose, engaging in meaningful work every day. Our people also receive a variety of rewarding benefits, including:
- Greater take-home pay through generous salary packaging
- A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounts on fitness memberships and health insurance, and a comprehensive wellbeing program
- Mentoring and career development opportunities
- Onsite childcare (Austin Campus), easy access via public transport, car parking and end of journey facilities for cyclists
Inclusion At Austin
We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, physically or culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+, and people of any age.
Work with us!
If you feel this role is right for you, we encourage your early application. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and if required, a Working With Children Check. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, please feel free to reach out to the hiring manager.
Company: Austin Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: All Pines, Belize
Application Deadline: N/A