Deputy Director-General – Operations and Integration in Pacific CommunitySPC Nouméa, New Caledonia
Website Pacific CommunitySPC
This job listing is about Pacific CommunitySPC in Nouméa, New Caledonia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
SRI Executive Search has been contracted by The Pacific Community (SPC) to assist with the search for an exceptional candidate to fill the position of Deputy Director-General – Operations and Integration.
About The Pacific Community (SPC)
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our unique organisation works across more than 25 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture. The organisation has approximately 700 staff.
The Pacific Community and its Secretariat share the vision for our region adopted by Pacific Islands Forum Leaders under the Framework for Pacific Regionalism: Our Pacific vision is for a region of peace, harmony, security, social inclusion and prosperity, so that all Pacific people can lead free, healthy and productive lives.’ Its mission is to work for the well-being of Pacific people through the effective and innovative application of science and knowledge, guided by a deep understanding of the Pacific Islands contexts and cultures.
The organisation has gained a reputation for providing real solutions to real problems in the Pacific (SPC Strategic Plan 2022-2031) and strives to maintain professionalism, integrity and pragmatism in delivering its services. The heart of SPC is its integrated work programme, which combines diverse disciplines enabling a multisectoral approach to regional development. The work programme focuses on delivering technical assistance, research, education and training through courses, workshops and seminars to Pacific Island member countries and territories. More information is available from SPC’s Strategic Plan 2022‒2031 and website: www.spc.int
About the Role
The Deputy Director General – Operations and Integration provides executive-level leadership and management to the Integration and Resource Mobilisation teams, SPC’s Regional Offices, and the Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) across all locations. The role also holds executive responsibility for SPC’s multi-year partnerships with Australia, New Zealand and France, and is the executive focal point for SPC’s francophone members (France, French Polynesia, New Caledonia and Wallis and Futuna), the United States of America and the European Union’s OCT office.
The role is responsible for the development of coordinated Country and Integrated Programming across SPC, supporting the development of cross cutting and integrated programs and projects to meet the needs of the region.
The Deputy Director-General – Operations and Integration ensures that the Operations and Management Directorate is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management to provide high-quality customer-oriented services and enabling operational compliance. The role also leads and manages the governance and legal support to the organization.
The key results for the position are:
Leadership, coordination and management
- Provide executive leadership and management to the Operations and Management Directorate in all locations, for all regional offices and for the Integration and Resource Mobilisation support team.
- Lead SPC’s internal legal functions, and regulatory/governance frameworks.
- Proactively support the Director-General in leading organisational improvement and change management.
- Responsible at executive level for financial management, managing organisational risks and security issues and for workplace health and safety.
- Collaborate to achieve a united organisational culture and compliance with operational policies and legal requirements.
Within delegated authority as approved by the Director General
- Represent the Director-General in relations with the Government of New Caledonia and France as hosts of the headquarters.
- Represent the Director-General, as required, at high levels in bilateral relationships with members and partners, and regional and international fora, including the French speaking countries and territories.
Integrated and Country Programming
- Lead and contribute (in close collaboration with SPC’s Strategy, Performance and Learning team (SPL)) to cross-divisional and regional integration efforts to ensure that SPC is well placed to respond to member articulated needs through multisectoral approaches.
- Ensure proactive engagement and support for resource mobilisation efforts across SPC, leading to diversified and strengthened donor base.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Science, economics, law, development studies, business, public administration, organisational development,).
Knowledge / Experience
- Excellent leadership and management skills, including demonstrated general management, people management and financial management skills.
- Extensive experience at an executive or senior management level that includes at least 10 years working at an international level.
- Very strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated ability to implement organisational change in a complex environment.
- Familiarity with donor agencies and their requirements and demonstrated resource mobilisation skills.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural and gender-sensitive environment.
- Change and Innovation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Promotion of Equity and Equality
- Building Individual Capacity
- Dedicated effort and commitment to the role and organisation
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to operate in a political environment
- Ability to analyse situations and make sound decisions even when information is imperfect
- Ability to handle conflicts between staff
- Diplomatic skills and tact
- Respect for SPC corporate values
- High level of professional integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated high level commitment to customer service
Language skills (desirable)
- For English speakers, a good working knowledge of French, or for French speakers, a good working knowledge of English.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please click Apply and complete the Application Form on the website on or before 12 December 2022. In addition, we encourage you to please attach a copy of the most recent English version of your CV.
All information will be in the strictest confidence.
If you have an initial query rather than an application, kindly email us at [email protected].
All applications should be sent directly to SRI Executive. Any applications received by SPC will not be passed on and could adversely affect your candidacy.
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by The Pacific Community (SPC) to undertake this assignment.
Company: Pacific CommunitySPC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nouméa, New Caledonia
Application Deadline: N/A