Website Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario RIBO
This job listing is about Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario RIBO in Toronto, Ontario, Canada 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Director of Conduct and Investigations
The Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) is the provincial regulator for insurance brokers in Ontario. Our primary mission is to protect the public in their interactions with insurance brokers. We combine the stability of a job in the broader public sector with the spark and creativity of a start-up.
We are looking for a full-time Director of Conduct and Investigations.
The job in a nutshell
This is critical leadership role at RIBO that is accountable for ensuring broker and brokerage compliance with RIBO regulations, by-laws and other requirements through both proactive reviews and the investigation of complaints.
Our most recent strategic plan prioritizes the modernization of the Conduct and Investigation department including the introduction of modular, risk-based audits, the adoption of new technology, and increased data-driven decision making. This role presents an exciting opportunity to lead this transformation.
Other key aspects of the role include:
- Oversight of complaints & investigation functions – including the continuous improvement of standards and procedures associated with the intake of complaints and conduct of investigations, along with management of all processes related to disciplinary proceedings
- Directing conduct monitoring activities – including the design and application of appropriate and meaningful broker/brokerage audits and reporting requirements
- Strategic leadership –identify and execute on strategic opportunities informed by best practices, relationships with other regulators, and a deep, and on-going understanding of the Property and Casualty insurance brokerage industry
- Team leadership – establish meaningful and achievable goals for the Conduct & Investigations team and enable team members to achieve them through appropriate coaching, training, motivation
This job might be for you if:
- You are passionate about protecting the public through regulatory measures
- You are detail oriented / legal-minded
- You have the ability to navigate competing stakeholder interests
- You have the desire and ability to affect change
To make the cut you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (eg. law, business, finance)
- At least one of:
- a) Strong insurance industry knowledge; or
- b) Experience leading compliance and investigative functions within a regulatory authority
- Strong and effective experience managing a team
- Strong leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience in successfully reviewing and significantly improving business processes
- Highly tech savvy; very proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
What RIBO offers:
- competitive Salary
- up to 8% matching RRSP program (wow!)
- health and dental benefits
- extra time off for winter break
- professional development fund
The application process:
If you are interested in this exciting new role, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] including Director of Conduct and Investigations in the subject line.
Your cover letter should include:
- what interests you about RIBO
- what interests you about the role
- how you can lend your experience to succeed in this role
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We are happy to work with you to overcome any barriers associated with our recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us by emailing [email protected]
Company: Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario RIBO
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A