Website Winrock International
This job listing is about Winrock International in Dakar, Dakar, Senegal 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Position Title: Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
GROUP: Senegal Entrepreneurship Promotion and Business Investment Activity
UNIT: Agriculture, Resilience, and Water (ARW)
Reports to: Information Systems Director
Oversees all M&E activities, tools development, routine monitoring, reporting and analysis. Supports all aspect of the monitoring and evaluation system. Ensures that monitoring and reporting of all program activities and outcomes in their geographic area are in place, effectively implemented, and well synchronized between program locations and components. Manages the systems for collecting M&E information in their designated geographic area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical assistance to Winrock staff members and partner organization staff in the utilization and management of monitoring and impact assessment tools.
- Provides training to all program employees on the use of the M&E system and partners’ roles with respect to data collection, management and quality in their respective activities.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and leadership of comprehensive, efficient and effective M&E training and capacity building programs for international and local grantees, partners and program staff.
- Contributes to capacity-strengthening of M&E staff, technical staff, and partners on M&E tools and analysis, data management, data analysis, basic surveying and sampling techniques, report writing techniques and requirements.
- Design terms of reference, oversee, and coordinate the activities of external monitoring and evaluation contractors and volunteers.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan.
- Helps define standards and design elements.
- Ensures clearly defined indicators, operational protocols for collecting data, and a system for the consistent and accurate collection, collation, analysis and use of data.
- Ensures clarity on the evaluation approach for outcome and impact level results.
- Participates in mid-term and final evaluations periods of the project cycle and investigates opportunities for pilot initiatives or special studies
- Ensures compliance with donor implementation and reporting guidelines as well as Winrock requirements.
- Conducts data quality reviews to ensure that all information required for submission to the donor is collected in a valid, reliable, and timely manner.
- Conducts ad hoc visits to projects to ensure proper implementation of M&E tools.
- Notifies the CoP in writing about any concerns, risks or misuses of program resources and reports any falsification of data, violation of policies or false financial claims.
- Collects and correlates data within all objectives and components and ensures data quality.
- Controls data quality and mitigates data risk. Develops data quality standards and implements standard operating procedures to mitigate risk.
- Participates in internal audits of project M&E systems and prepares project teams for external audits.
- Ensures activities, results, challenges and lessons learned are accurately documented in a timely manner and are available to all key stakeholders.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of reports and documents for submission to donor, the host government, Winrock and other partner organizations.
- Records stories of successes, challenges, lessons learned and recommendations.
- Contribute to the data analysis and preparation of quarterly Operational Reports and annual Results Reports that are submitted to the donor.
- Ensures that the recommendations from the mid-term evaluation are implemented.
- Assists with data analysis and preparation of quarterly and annual donor-required reports.
- Participates in the development and improvement of organizational grant monitoring and survey tools as well as other data collection forms and information tracking tools to realize effective programming.
- Performs other duties and undertakes other projects as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Advanced degree in economics, social sciences, statistics, business, or related discipline.
- Must possess over five years’ experience managing M&E for donor-funded projects and have experience managing large M&E databases and conducting timely data analysis and developing reports.
- Familiarity with USAID M&E requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated abilities in data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting using computer-based statistical packages and databases.
- Thorough knowledge of statistics and research methodology, including quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, strong negotiation, diplomacy, and team work skills.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner. Proven impeccable editing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural environment. Awareness, sensitivity, and understanding of cross-cultural issues particularly in representing a US-based agency.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills, including experience in the design and facilitation of short- and long-term training programs.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Advanced computer skills in a Windows based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to use statistical analysis software. Familiarity with relational database
- Ability to travel within the country.
- Fluency in French and English
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
Company: Winrock International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dakar, Dakar, Senegal
Application Deadline: N/A