Website New Brunswick Innovation Foundation
This job listing is about New Brunswick Innovation Foundation in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Research leads our ever-growing portfolio of research investments, managing our various funding programs in support of applied research and talent development, managing, and developing our research team, and realizing sustainable results and outcomes. This position requires the candidate to be a strategic thinker – and convey the importance of research and innovation as a solution for today’s challenges.
- Develop and implement a strategy for the NBIF’s research investment activities in support of the organization’s mandate and shared vision.
- Oversee research funding programs and contracts, with overall responsibility to deliver contractual results on-time and on-budget.
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with key stakeholders within the research community, federal and provincial government, and other research funding agencies.
- Leverage established relationships with the research community, the private sector and government agencies to align innovation priorities, attract investment, scope out new funding contracts and source opportunities to support innovation.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the research funding landscape in New Brunswick and Canada, and knowledge of federal funding programs, such as NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR, and CFI.
- Advocate for research and innovation in the province and within the NBIF and take a lead role in championing research and promoting success stories.
- Manage and develop the research team, with a focus on performance management, and the professional and personal development of each team member.
- Oversee client satisfaction and continuous improvement of internal controls to create efficiencies, monitor investments, measure outcomes, and increase accountability.
- Regular travel to innovation events, conferences, stakeholder meetings and site visits, both within NB and outside the province, to build relationships, network, and advocate for innovation.
- A degree from a recognized university program, combined with 7+ years of progressive and relevant work experience.
- Written and spoken proficiency in both French and English is required.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, government relations, and managing budgets.
- Experience leading a high performing team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and trusted relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the research community and a solid understanding of applied research and its commercialization, and how this influences the New Brunswick economy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business development strategies and research commercialization methodology.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A commitment to achieving sustained results and disseminating those results to a broad audience.
- Ability to distill and effectively communicate complex ideas and key message for non-technical stakeholders and audiences.
- A passion for research and innovation.
- Experience in entrepreneurship, academic research or Industrial research is an asset.
- Ability and willingness to travel semi-frequently.
Company: New Brunswick Innovation Foundation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A