Website Sealaska Constructors
This job listing is about Sealaska Constructors in Ave, Maritime Region, Togo 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
This an exciting new role at Woocheen, LLC – a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sealaska, an Alaska Native Corporation. Woocheen is dedicated to improving the health of the world’s oceans, to help heal and protect our environment. We believe that bringing skilled, talented people together can help solve the planet’s toughest problems – rising ocean temperatures, plastic pollution, and out-of-balance ecological systems. Our vision is a world where no species is endangered by human activities, energy is derived from clean, sustainable sources, lost wilderness is restored to sequester carbon and support biodiversity, fisheries are healthy and sustainable, everyone has ready access to clean drinking water, plastic waste is minimal, and our planet’s resources can continue forever.
The word “Woocheen” is derived from a Tlingit word that means “working together.” We seek out people who love to work with others to solve problems – those who value creativity, curiosity, continuous learning, respect for others and the environment, speak honestly and directly and constantly strive to do the right thing for our planet, our businesses and each other.
Sealaska is owned by more than 24,000 Alaska native shareholders from the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian tribes, and is one of thirteen for-profit corporations established by the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act in 1972. Profits support Sealaska’s disadvantaged shareholders through dividends, workforce development, scholarships, internships, and other benefit programs.
About This Role
The Division Controller for Commercial Services is a new role that oversees the accounting and financial operations for Woocheen’s Commercial subsidiaries. You will be working in partnership with the Commercial Services CEO and Woocheen’s Accounting & Finance team to grow and scale the division, integrate subsidiary back-office operations, and develop KPIs that support efficient, effective management of the businesses.
You are entrepreneurial and intensely curious about many different industries, which helps you to design and implement scalable process improvements within a complex organization. You are highly collaborative and enjoy teaching, coaching, and training others using data, technology, and automation. You value integrity and enjoy educating, coaching, and mentoring your business partners. You are a self-starter, able to set goals and objectives with little direction in a fast-paced and changing environment. You communicate clearly and concisely to financial and non-financial colleagues, both orally and in writing. Questioning the status quo by offering thought-provoking and creative solutions is natural for you.
This role will be what you make it – systems and processes need to be re-examined and re-invented – together with Woocheen’s Accounting & Finance team, we can work together to ready the organization for future growth!
California or West Coast applicants preferred.
Overall Focus & Responsibilities
- Partner with colleagues to maintain understanding of business operations, develop and monitor KPIs, analyze results, streamline processes, and improve performance.
- Lead the division’s financial reporting and accounting operations.
- Collaborate with Woocheen Treasury, Human Resources, Information Technology and Accounting colleagues to ensure that policies and practices align across the organization, ensuring efficiency, cost effectiveness and scalability.
- Develop, document, implement and monitor internal controls, policy, and processes in partnership with Woocheen’s Corporate Controller.
- Play an active role in the annual financial statement audit.
- Manage reviews and audits conducted by government agencies and clients.
- Coordinate capital and operating budgets and forecasts.
- Help ensure profitable revenue growth – this may include labor reporting, gross margin analysis, reviewing pricing/job costs, etc.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with FAR and SBA 8(a) requirements.
- Oversee preparation and timely filing of Indirect Cost Rate submissions as required.
- Coordinate with Woocheen’s tax team to ensure timely and accurate federal, state, and local tax filings.
- Hire, train, coach, develop and evaluate team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Heavy Equipment/Construction industry experience.
- Five years of project accounting experience.
- At least three years’ experience supervising an accounting team.
- Experience using various ERP systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Nice to Have
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Experience with project accounting, government contracts, SBA 8(a) and/or Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Experience with UK regulations/GAAP.
- Position is subject to satisfactory completion of a background, financial and reference checks.
- Candidates must be eligible to work within the US and be able to provide appropriate documentation.
- Travel up to 20%.
Salary at $165k+, depending on experience and location.
Environment (Working Conditions, Physical Requirements)
- This position will require moving of up to 10 lbs. This position will be mostly stationary requiring some movement around the office and frequent communication with others. The average working hours will be 8 hours per day for this position with occasional need to exceed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EOE M/F/D/V/SO
Company: Sealaska Constructors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ave, Maritime Region, Togo
Application Deadline: N/A