This job listing is about Schlumberger in Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
DOMESTIC LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We’re looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
The Domestic Logistics Specialist is responsible for managing domestic movement of assets, products and materials upon the request of the Business Lines. The Domestic Logistics Specialist plans and allocate internal or third-party resources to execute the shipment. This person optimizes equipment utilization, selects the most cost effective routings, complies with the selection of preferred contracted carriers or internal fleet, and secures delivery as per the established service level.
Directly reports to the Logistics Manager
Candidate’s duties may include the following:
- Managing Outbound Deliveries – this includes the reviewing of customer orders and creation of the outbound delivery order to trigger picking processes and shipment planning for requested goods. It includes making necessary preparations prior to initiating picking of goods and managing shipments.
- Monitoring Freight – this covers the monitoring of shipment milestones until the shipment is delivered and engaging in the case of deviation from planned events.
- Tendering shipments – this includes the tendering of shipments with a set time period for response, or spot bidding the service.
- Mobilizing Products and Material – this includes the organization and loading of the products, completion of manifests and any required HAZMAT documentation, completion of any necessary inspections, and transportation of the products to the job site.
- Planning of shipments – this covers the review of shipping requests, assessing if shipments can be consolidated, identifying the most suitable route, checking rates availability and finalizing the shipment instructions.
- Validate all transport requests and required delivery dates for a defined geographic region or lane to achieve on-time delivery.
- Prepare equipment load plans per planning standard operating procedures to maximize rental and call-out equipment utilization.
- Leverage domestic planning and rate checker tools to achieve competitive costs by applying preferred rates.
- Plan truck routings, leverage consolidation, and maximize backload opportunities to drive down costs.
- Manage weekly fixed schedules and regional milk runs.
- Issue work orders before each move with associated cost approvals.
- Ensure compliance with land transport contractor guidelines, Health, Safety and Environment policies, local regulations, and dangerous goods requirements in the GeoMarket.
- Identify domestic logistics network improvement projects or opportunities
Minimum Qualifications And Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Business/Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- At least 2 years’ experience in Domestic Logistics
- Well-presented and professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good problem-solving abilities, proactive, fast learner, good organizational and time management skills.
How To Apply
Please submit your application via https://careers.slb.com/ Go to: Job Listing> Country-Guyana > Domestic Logistics Specialist > Apply Now.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
Application Deadline: N/A