This listing is about Dow in Barry, Wales, United Kingdom
About the job
What materials will tomorrow be made of? The materials of the future are just one insight away. Through our Apprenticeship Programs , we will help you unlock your full career potential, gain extensive knowledge in the field of chemical manufacturing processes, and pursue innovation that makes a profound impact on social and global challenges.
Want to learn what apprenticeship program suits you best? Think about what interests you have and how you can make the difference at Dow. Your journey at Dow is about to start!
Can you see yourself as a Chemical Process Operator Apprentice?
Imagine you having the chance to put your knowledge into practice by introducing new products, controlling change to existing manufacturing processes, and acquiring new technology and continuous improvement. On our 3-year apprenticeship program, you will collaborate with operators, engineers, customers, suppliers at Dow worldwide.
Why this program is for you:
- You are passionate about chemical manufacturing processes
- You are enthusiastic and dedicated to advance your career path
- You see yourself controlling equipment and systems that process chemical substances into industrial or consumer products
- You love to analyze laboratory and sampling results to maintain process and quality standards
- You are motivated to learn more about environmental regulations and requirements
- You have a 5 GCSE’s at grade C/ Level 4 or above (Inc. Maths, English and a science)
- Aged 18+
- For CV’s to be considered, must have the qualification with grades, Year of Birth and current location
- You are allowed to work in the United Kingdom
- You can speak and write in English fluently
- Competitive salary
- An international and diverse team that loves to collaborate to serve customers’ needs throughout Europe and Asia
- On-and-off-job training programs to build the fundamentals for your future career
- Exposure to the most advanced manufacturing processes in the world
- Have the office at one of Dow’s largest manufacturing sites worldwide
Where you’ll be:
Dow’s Barry site (UK)
- Deadline for applying Tuesday 20th March 2022
After we have received your application, take into account that it will take a few weeks to go through every letter and CV received. If we want to learn more about your background and skills, we will be in touch with you.
Regardless of the outcome, you will receive feedback.
- First round of interviews: April 2022
- Second round of interviews : April 2022/May 2022
- Salary: Starting at approximately £15,744.00 per annum. ( Increases each year)
- Start of Apprentice: September 2022
Note: No Relocation is aligned with this role.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com .
Job Location: Barry, Wales, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org