Website World Health Organization
This job listing is about World Health Organization in Ashgabat, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The WHO country office works with the National Authorities to achieve the highest standard of health as a fundamental human right, based on equity and on SDGs principle of leaving no one behind. WHO actions are engrained in the WHO 13th General Programme of Work with its 3 prong objectives of promoting healthier populations, keeping the world safe through addressing health emergencies, and protecting the vulnerable through Universal Health Coverage. WHO’s mandate revolves around six core functions: (i) providing Global Health leadership; (ii) shaping the health research agenda; (iii) setting norms and standards; (iv) articulating evidence-based policy options;(v) providing technical support to countries; and (vi) monitoring and assessing health trends. The WHO Country Office is an integral part of the WHO Regional Office for Europe. Its main role is to facilitate and coordinate all WHO activities at country level and to implement the European Programme of Work 2020-2025 – “United Action for Better Health in Europe” which sets out a vision of how the WHO Regional Office for Europe can better support countries in meeting citizens’ expectations about health. WHO at country level delivers this through practical, actionable, and country focused solutions to health challenges, keeping inperspective that achieving health and well-being is a whole-of-society endeavour; This is done through facilitating the implementation of the Biennial Collaborative Agreement with the country and its corresponding workplan. The WHO Country Office maintains good working relations and ensures information exchange between the country and WHO, policy and strategic guidance on Health issues to all national and international partners in the country, provision of direct technical expertise when needed and aims at more community engagement and participation, and to promote health equity.
Description Of Duties
To drive the Country Office vehicle(s) for the transport of authorized personnel, goods and supplies, and to ensure their maintenance. To provide logistical and clerical support to the work of the Country Office, including meetings and other events.The incumbent supports the well-functioning of the WHO Country Office as follows:
Drives office vehicles for the transport of Head of Country Office, the country office staff and other authorised personnel in connection with their official duties. Drives office vehicles in country or other countries when required.
Applies knowledge of driving regulations, safety requirements, traffic and conditions and most desirable routes to minimize travel time.
Loads and unloads baggage, parcels, documents, goods or supplies.
Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing,etc.
Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned office vehicle: checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the office vehicle is kept clean.
Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required.
Provides logistical assistance to the country office staff and international visiting experts and consultants, such as with visas, air tickets, customs formalities, hotel accommodation and transportation. Delivers and collects mail, documents and other items. Makes minor purchases and collects urgently required goods from local suppliers on demand.
Processes customs clearance of goods including follows up with customs authorities, local authorities and technical and administrative staff in HQ and EURO. Collects goods from customs with due regard to routine customs regulations and formalities; makes or collects payment for goods if required.
Serves as back up to administrative personnel, including administration of small portions of cash advances from CO petty cash.
Engages in negotiation, liaison and coordination with local authorities as required to facilitate smooth running of vehicle movements in the designated area.
Assists with office maintenance, printing, scanning and photocopying of documents, as well as general logistics in connection with meetings and other events. Responds and acts on routine telephone calls in connection with such tasks, and brings matters to attention of relevant staff members.
Assists and or cover for the AA in the area of office logistics, such as: assists in maintaining logistic records, management of inventory and communication systems in compliance with WHO established rules and procedures. Assists the AA in local and international procurement of office supplies and equipment.
Takes suitable precautions for the security of the office vehicle and its contents when left unattended. Ensures that the office vehicle is properly kept (in the garage or on the secured car park) during non-working hours.Ensures that all rules, regulations and local requirements are adhered to in the event of involvement in an accident.
Performs other related duties as required.
Essential: Equivalent to secondary education. Driver’s license.
Desirable: Equivalent to graduation from technical or commercial school is an asset.
Essential: At least four years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record.
Desirable: Working experience with UN agencies, local embassies, international organizations or foreign firms.
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and chauffeur courtesies.
Skills in minor vehicle repair.
Some knowledge in and experience of application of PC software technologies, as well as in the use of photocopiers and printers.
Emotional intelligence: Ability to identify and manage one’s own emotions, as well as helping others to do the same.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of Turkmen.
Desirable: Expert knowledge of Russian.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 10,231 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accreditedecognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
Dec 1, 2022, 10:46:31 AM
Dec 22, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
EU_TKM WHO Country Office, Turkmenistan
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Company: World Health Organization
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ashgabat, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Application Deadline: N/A