Website The World Bank
This job listing is about The World Bank in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, Visit www.worldbank.org.
Application Closing Date: 9/29/2022
Global practice for macroeconomics, trade, and investment (MTI)
The MTI Team in Mongolia is responsible for macro-economic analysis, policy dialogue, technical advice and capacity building support in the areas of macro-economic and fiscal reforms. In addition to its regular economic monitoring mandate, the team manages a rich program consisting of policy-based financing operations, and large, complex programmatic analytic work programs, which include the delivery of analytical and advisory products as well as technical assistance and training activities. These tasks are cross-sectoral in nature and integral to the policy dialogue of the country program.
The selected candidate is expected to contribute and provide support to the MTI analytical and operational work in the country. He or she will report to the MTI Practice Manager covering East Asia.
Duties and Accountabilities
Responsibilities include monitoring and assessing macroeconomic developments in Mongolia and assisting in the preparation of the MTI’s work program in the country. The selected candidate will work closely with the rest of the MTI Mongolia team to perform the following activities:
- Monitor developments in the economy, and research and analyze relevant economic, financial and sector issues;
- Maintain macroeconomic databases and regularly prepare updated term macroeconomic projections;
- Useun econometric models using existing software packages, or Bank’s own models;
- Collect and analyze data as well as participate in exchange of information with the government, private sector officials and other international financial institutions;
- Provide inputs to a variety of economic tasks such as bi-monthly macroeconomic updates, Mongolia Economic Update, the Macro Poverty Outlook (MPO) and regular macroeconomic monitoring;
- Assist the MTI economists in preparing briefs and analytical notes, and contribute to the analytical reports, in particular for the Mongolia Economic Updates;
- Work independently, seeking guidance and instruction on new, unusual or complex assignments.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in Economics with at least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong communication skills in English, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely;
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimum instructions and to deliver tasks on time;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work flexibly, creatively and to multitask as the need arises;
- Skills to conceptualize, conduct economic analyses and derive policy-relevant findings;
- Mastery over econometric software such as STATA and/or EViews;
- Demonstrated track record in collecting, maintaining and analyzing macro and micro databases;
- Prior knowledge and demonstrated experience working on fiscal analysis and growth analytics.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Company: The World Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Application Deadline: N/A