This listing is about eBay in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
This exciting legal role with one of the world’s leading digital players calls for a hard-working, dynamic individual who is collaborative, creative and functions well in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
Your Role Will Include
As part of a large and highly successful in-house legal function at eBay, you will be providing a broad spectrum of practical advice to the UK and EU business teams.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with a range of external partners;
- Working in a fast-paced environment on both domestic and cross-border projects, to provide compliance advice and help implement products and services;
- Assessing risks and opportunities arising from our rapidly growing business and providing recommendations to our business. You will work directly with the business as well as supporting lawyers on more complex matters;
- Supporting the team and coordinating with colleagues around the world in dealings with national and EU regulators.
- UK qualified solicitor
- Substantial experience of negotiating contracts
- You are experienced in directly providing legal advice to commercial clients
Our Ideal candidate also would have some or all of the following specific experience/skills:
- Up to 4 years post-qualification experience gained in private practice or in-house;
- Detailed knowledge of e-commerce law;
- In-house experience with a leading technology, payments, logistics or retail company;
- Consumer law experience;
- Project management skills;
- Solid grounding in soft IP and data protection law;
- Ability to prioritise and to act quickly and decisively;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day.
Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as “Remote – United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)” excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A