Website Element Materials Technology
This listing is about Element Materials Technology in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Element has an opportunity for a Technical Officer to join our Warringtonfire business. This is a great opportunity to develop your career within a Global Testing, Inspection and Certfication business.
- Liaising with clients to ensure that their requirements are fully met, including quoting and contracting projects and ensuring clients provide all the necessary information regarding their products as well as the test specimens themselves
- Conducting tests in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate test standard and approved procedures
- Preparation of test reports complying fully with the requirements of the test standard and quality manual
- Working with the Technician teams to ensure that test preparations and testing are completed to specification and on time
- Involvement in specific projects to cost, organise and complete
Skills / Qualifications
- Ideally a higher education qualification, in a scientific or engineering field
- An interest in understanding how things are put together / work
- Previous experience or knowledge of working to testing standards would be beneficial but not essential
- A working understanding of construction materials and their uses, some experience in a construction-related field would be beneficial but not essential
- IT skills including Word and Excel – some knowledge of AutoCAD would be beneficial but not essential
- Good decision maker with practical problem-solving skills
- A confident individual with a calm disposition, able to establish a rapport with clients and staff
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Organised and methodical
- Willingness to learn quickly
- Enjoys team working but can operate alone
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
TIC Council Statement
Element is proud to be a full member of the Testing, Inspection & Certification Council (the “TIC Council”), an international association representing independent testing, inspection and certification companies.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of www.element.com .
Company: Element Materials Technology
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com