Website Element Materials Technology
This listing is about Element Materials Technology in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Element has an opportunity for a Test Technician to join our rapidly expanding team at Warringtonfire; working primarily at our Heywood site but at times at our Warrington facility. This is a great time to join a global player within the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector.
Element has an opportunity for aTest Operative to join our rapidly expanding team at Warringtonfire; working primarily at our Heywood site but at times at our Warrington facility. This is a great time to join a global player within the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector.
As a member of the operations team, you will be required to undertake installation of test specimens and associated constructions in support offire resistance tests.
- Installation Activities – Undertake associated construction installations for test specimens(partitions, linear gap constructions, fire-stopping and support systems)
- Liaising with and assisting the client, including contractors
- Preparation / instrumentation of test specimens
- Conductance of test (including operation of furnace and any ancillary equipment)
- Ensuring all safety requirements are fulfilled
- Demolition and safe disposal of test specimens
- Ensuring the test site is clean and tidy at all times
- Provision of test data, photographs and material properties for inclusion in the test report
Skills / Qualifications
- Working knowledge of safety
- Ideally a background in practical work, this role would be suitable for Labourers, Joiners, Plasterers, Bricklayers anyone from a construction, civil or window fitting environment.You will be building test rigs for fire door testing
- Possess computer skills and can use bespoke systems
- Car Driver and be able to work at both our Heywood and Warrington facilities
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
TIC Council Statement
Element is proud to be a full member of the Testing, Inspection & Certification Council (the “TIC Council”), an international association representing independent testing, inspection and certification companies.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of www.element.com .
Company: Element Materials Technology
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org