Website Element Materials Technology
This listing is about Element Materials Technology in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Element has an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Warringtonfire business on a fixed two year contract. The pupose of this role is to successfully plan, organise and direct the completion of our site relocation in Warrington and ensuring this unique and major project is delivered on time and on budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure that all project aims are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Co-ordinate project meetings amongst key stakeholders to ensure the project remains on track
- Measure and track performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Ensure resource availability and allocation of personnel, site equipment and site management
- Perform risk management to minimise potential project risks
Project Reporting and Control
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Efficient and accurate reporting of project aims, objectives and progress to a range of key stakeholders
- Report and escalate to management when issues arise
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Establish, manage and maintain the relationship between internal and external customers
- Liaise with internal customers to take detailed briefs and clarify specific requirements of the project
- Coordinate internal resources and third party vendors for the execution of multiple aims and objectives
Skills / Qualifications
- Ideally a Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prince 2 qualification, or similar
- Six Sigma, or similar Continuous Improvement / Lean qualification
- Developing and tracking budgets with a project portfolio between £20-30 million
- Supervision and coaching skills
- Process improvement
- Planning and performance management
- Inventory control
- Risk management
- Cost control
- Critical thinking
- Analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management software tools
- Capable of working on a site relocation project with possibly a background in Facilities Management, Construction, Civils, Engineering or Manufacturing relocations
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
TIC Council Statement
Element is proud to be a full member of the Testing, Inspection & Certification Council (the “TIC Council”), an international association representing independent testing, inspection and certification companies.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of www.element.com .
Company: Element Materials Technology
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org