Website JPMorgan Chase Co
This job listing is about JPMorgan Chase Co in Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
EMEA Location Control Management Support Team – Associate- Associate
The Location Control Management Function (LCM) is part of Finance & Business Management and works in close partnership with Business-, Functional- and Operational Control Managers as well as other control professionals like Operational Risk and Compliance managers that support activities, both, locally and regionally.
The LCM Function is responsible for the implementation and oversight of governance and controls over operational risk matters including client complaints and issue management of internal or external findings, overseeing the written framework, regulatory change monitoring, ongoing assessment of the bank’s risk and control environment, supporting the new product approval process, and alike. Moreover, the LCM Function provides transparency on above topics by reporting and escalating, if appropriate, to local and regional governance committees.
Based in Warsaw, this role is part of a newly established EMEA Support function which is part of the EMEA Regional Control Management. The successful candidate will support the LCM in the Region and will work in close partnership with the team members to ensure timely and quality completion of meeting materials, reports and business analysis to support the LCM function within their role.
The candidate should be interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, having a focus for details when supporting in wider control framework matters. The role will have key responsibilities for preparation of various committee materials related to operational risk and control matters, compiling of documentation for testing and audit related inquiries as well as provide support on the oversight of change initiatives, regulatory developments and complaints.
Roles & Responsibilities
In partnership with the LCM team, the role will be responsible for:
- Composition of materials for governance meetings from required data sources and stakeholders, ready for coordination with the LCM to perform applicable meetings.
- Collate required data for reporting and committees from a variety of sources, including CORE, RED, ELA and CaaS, etc.
- Execution of standard reports, data analysis and documentation of governance meetings on monthly basis.
- Review complaints received by external participates for management by the adequate internal stakeholders.
- Partner with LCM team members on the oversight of change initiatives respectively the new product approval process, the legal entity specific written framework and the screening of regulatory and legal landscape.
- Assist in standard or ad-hoc requests evolving from audits, operational risk management, compliance monitoring, governance meetings or authoritative bodies.
- Supporting the LCM team with strategic initiatives enhancing the control framework as part of LCM roles and responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
- Strong team player with excellent partnering and influencing skill who is able to partner closely with peers and topic related stakeholders
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and able to make constructive observations and recommendations
- Good organizational skills – manages & prioritizes multiple tasks and high focus on quality
- Investigative mind-set, able to see issues at both a high-level and in detail, and understand applicability across the business
- Strong analytical, problem solving & process re-engineering skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and focus on quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in different forms and details based on the audience
- Strong in Microsoft Office
- Previous working experience in Control Management, Audit, Compliance or OpRisk would be beneficial
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Company: JPMorgan Chase Co
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
Application Deadline: N/A