This listing is about Enghouse in Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
About the job
As our new Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will bring a great combination of high responsibility and problem solving approach. The overall purpose of the position is to secure day to day operation of our hosting infrastructure and at the same time help lead in evolving it to fit future needs. We expect you to be a proactive team player who will use your technical knowledge to solve challenges, improve customer experience and bring value to the team. The infrastructure is based in the UK.
You will work closely with R&D, Operations team colleagues and our customers. You will advise them on operational issues and troubleshooting using your technical insight and expertise.
- Microsoft Windows 2008-2019 standalone server/operating system administration
- Linux Admin experience (Redhat/CentOS/Other)
- A good understanding of Virtualization technologies VMware/Xen
- Good understanding of Infrastructure hardware, Routers, Switches and Firewalls
Experience with any of the following are desirable but not essential:
- Production Database administration experience (Oracle 11g/ MS SQL Server)
- Existing Datacentre experience
- Exposure to Cloud technologies (AWS/IBM/Azure)
- Firewall config/change management, specifically Checkpoint
- F5 BigIP LTM experience, load balancing/SSL termination ideally
- EMC VNX/Unity SAN administration
- Other DB systems (eg MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- EMC Data domain backup technology (Networker and RMAN)
What You Will Be Doing
- Administrating and supporting infrastructure, software and solutions in our applications’ development and production environments.
- Lead on current and new Infrastructure design and deployment
- Cooperate with R&D and participate in Implementation of new deployments and migration of existing solutions
- Plan and participate in execution of system check and proactive/preventive maintenance on Infrastructure and platforms (full-stack)
- Documenting existing and new infrastructure and solutions as well as standard procedures (e.g. Backup and Disaster Recovery)
- 3rd level troubleshooting and analytical problem investigation
- Take part in our monitoring and Incident/Support-case handling
We offer great working environment and international team, various company perks and benefits and great opportunities to learn and grow and much more!
CTI Billing Solutions is a business unit that is part of Enghouse Networks division. Although a small team we operate as part of a wider European group. We are part of a global organization that has tripled in size from the last 7 years. Our global reach makes us an exciting employer for anyone who wants to work in an international environment. Enghouse Systems is a publicly traded Canadian IT company. Enghouse shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol “ESL”.
Joining our company will give you the opportunity to work with talented people from all over the world in a rapidly growing and fast paced environment. With more than 40 offices around the world, you will get the opportunity to be part of an international growth journey and get opportunities to learn and grow. Although we work hard, as a company we care about your work life balance and well-being.
Enghouse offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including, but not limited to: Private medical insurance, Critical illness cover, free parking, cycle to work scheme.
Flexible/Remote working is available as part of the role but you will be required to be in the office (Blackburn) at least 1 day per week.
Our ideal candidate will be based within a commutable distance of the office in Blackburn and our data centre in Warrington.
Job Location: Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A