Engineering Manager in Cooper Standard Columbus, Ohio Metropolitan Area
Website Cooper Standard
This job listing is about Cooper Standard in Columbus, Ohio Metropolitan Area 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Directs and coordinates all aspects of engineering activities within the organization. Ensures all projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organizations established policies and objectives.
- Develops, implements and administers policies and procedures for engineering personnel that are consistent with Engineering processes, manufacturing and plant operating functions, Quoting, Capital Acquisitions, Environmental/Safety and Lean Continuous Improvement
- Ensures efficient operations of the Engineering Department by development of systems that accurately monitor all cost elements. Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Engineering responsibilities to review and quote all new jobs while providing process flows, tooling requirements, BOM’s, routing and setting standards for manufacturing
- Engineering responsibility to provide support to Business Units in Kaizen, Lean and all process improvements to help achieve maximum profit with low labor costs.
- Supervises and directs Program Engineers and Maintenance Personnel
- Engineering responsibilities to maintain any and all Facility duties within the facility. This is to include, process equipment, piping, and electrical requirements to help maintain production within the facility either with in house labor or by contractual services
- Encourages and supports employee involvement programs
- Produce product to specification which complies with customer delivery schedules
- Provide accurate reporting or products produced, labor, material consumption and scrap generated
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description
Education And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology or Industrial Technology
- Minimum of Two years Supervisory experience
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Must have exceptional communication skills-both oral and written
- Must be able to multi task and have strong prioritizing skills
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary
Work Environment/Work Conditions
- Professional Office Environment
- Must wear proper personal protection equipment while on manufacturing floor
- Travel to manufacturing facilities or customer locations when required
- Equipment used requires proper training on the potential for and avoidance of injury
Cooper Standard is proud of its diverse workforce and committed to providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, physical or mental disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are dedicated to creating an environment at work that not only values diversity but also encourages inclusion and a sense of belonging. We firmly believe that a diverse workplace fosters an environment where our employees can flourish and provide superior service to our customers.
Because we recognize and value the range of ways in which people acquire experiences, whether via personal, professional, education, or volunteerism, we invite interested applicants to evaluate the key duties and requirements and apply for any opportunities that fit your experience and qualifications.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as certain state and/or local laws. If you believe you require such assistance to complete our online application or to participate in an interview, you (or someone on your behalf) may request assistance by emailing [email protected] with a description of the accommodation you seek. Application materials submitted to this email address will not be considered.
Company: Cooper Standard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, Ohio Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A