This Job Listing is about ERM in York,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> Arcus has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented Hydrologist with a range of experience in surface water/hydrology discipline, with the skills and enthusiasm to join the team to work on a range of projects across the UK, Ireland. As an ERM Group company we are also involved in a number of international projects delivering hydrological assessments.
What you will do:
- Management and delivery of field surveys across the UK;
- Delivery of Desk Studies;
- Technical Report Writing for EIA and DCO projects, including the preparation of Construction Environmental Management Plans, Groundwater Risk assessments, GWDTE assessments and Private Water Supply Risk Assessments;
- Supporting the Hydrology Team with Business Development ;
- Supporting the delivery of Water Quality Monitoring programmes across the UK, as well as calibration of Technical Equipment;
- Production of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for renewables projects, including assessments of impacts to water quality, quantity and other hydrological receptors.
Arcus cares about our people, their safety and career development as well as their well-beings. We offer all our employees a diverse and inclusive culture in which difference is embraced, valued and celebrated. We offer flexible working environment to accommodate our personal needs. Our people are respectful and open-minded and enjoy collaboration with colleagues across services lines and geographies.
With a robust career framework in place, Arcus is able to offer great opportunities for both early career and experienced professionals to advance their career within the business. Structured training around project management, core consulting skills development amongst other topics are offered to support our colleagues’ professional development as we continue to grow our team.
You will also be able to join our global Technical Communities where likeminded professionals come together globally to innovate, network and share knowledge and expertise through internal workshops and webinars.
We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being and development. ERMers take accountability, are client focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies.
If you share our values, believe in sustainability and are motivated by opportunities to shape, build and run a sustainability service team that makes a real impact to our client’s businesses, ERM is the right place for you.
We aim to build an inclusive culture by identifying, acquiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce which reflects the diverse global marketplace in which we operate, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, physical attributes, educational background.-->
- Previous experience in EIA, water quality monitoring and ideally Environmental Permitting or Water Framework Directive Assessment;
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills;
- Experience in using GIS systems;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Ideally a member of CIWEM or working towards membership.