Events Coordinator in University of Queensland Union UQU New York, NY
Website University of Queensland Union UQU
This job listing is about University of Queensland Union UQU in New York, NY 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The University of Queensland Student Union (UQU) is a not-for-profit organisation, independent of the University of Queensland that supports and represents the student community by actively promoting a positive, fun, healthy and supportive student Experience. This is a unique organisation, operating numerous food, beverage, entertainment and retail outlets on UQ campuses, as well as Student Advocacy and Support, and student clubs and societies at St Lucia and Gatton Campuses. UQU employs over 150 staff, a percentage of whom, being elected students, change annually.
Works with the Events & Marketing Manager on the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of UQU events including Market Days, O-Week events, cultural events and more. Work with relevant student portfolios to develop annual calendar of events and oversee the execution of these events.Work with the Marketing Team to develop promotional plans for all UQU events via on-campus and digital channels. Work with relevant Union/UQ departments and stakeholders to design and deliver events. Assist with the development of content for UQU social media channels.
- Provide supervision to Event and Marketing Assistant if and as required.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with key partners and event suppliers & vendors.
- Actively participate in regular team meetings and initiatives.
- Lead by example in promoting the values of the organisation and the objectives of the business and strategic plan.
- Support & action other work related tasks as directed by all levels of management.
- Perform any ad-hoc duties and provide hands-on assistance as and where required.
- Work autonomously and conduct site checks, event set up independently where required.
- Manage budgets, run sheet templates and databases.
Skills and Experiences:
- Desirable: Experience within a university (or similar) environment.
- Essential: Eventbrite, Video conferencing (Zoom/Teams).
- Must have minimum 3 years similar event experience.
- Must take pride in personal presentation.
- Must be able to assist with event set up, break down and other physical activities of the role.
Company: University of Queensland Union UQU
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A