Website Faerch Group
This listing is about Faerch Group in Ely, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Here at FAERCH UK we have an exciting opportunity for a Thermoform Setter to join our team based in SUTTON, CAMBS. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis working on a rotating continental shift (4 on 4 off, days 05:45 – 18:00 & nights 17:45 – 06:00). In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £26,000 per annum plus benefits.
We supply the global food industry with sustainable packaging solutions offering integrated recycling capabilities. Over the past five decades, we have served leading manufacturers and retailers around the world with cutting-edge packaging designed to keep food safe, prolong its lifetime and reduce food waste.
As the world’s first supplier of food trays with integrated recycling capability, we have taken the lead in making food packaging truly circular. At Faerch, sustainability is integrated into every aspect of our business: from high-level decisions to day-to-day activities. Sustainability is reflected in our work, strategic focus and targets, this approach is nothing new to us. Acting responsibly and keeping our sustainability footprint in mind is at the heart of everything we do. Our priorities, corporate strategy and daily operations have reflected this focus for years.
About the Thermoform Setter role:
We are looking for a technically minded individual to join our Thermoform department and be part of a team of setters on shift responsible for setting up our fleet of thermoformers. This is very much a ‘hands-on’ and physical role, reporting to the Lead Setter.
Key responsibilities you will have as our Thermoform Setter include:
- Setting-up of all thermoform equipment to ensure production optimisation including tool preparation & tool maintenance to ensure always in a ‘Good to Go’ state
- Making sure setups are right the 1st time and in accordance with SOP to maximise output, quality & efficiency
- Working closely with the Lead Setter and Shift Manager to meet daily production plans to the required standard
- Adopting a ‘clean as you go’ approach to ensure housekeeping standards are effectively maintained
- Carrying out additional and/or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business
Skills and experience you will need to become our Thermoform Setter:
- Mechanical/Technical mindset with good reasoning skills
- Good manual dexterity
- Enjoy taking things apart & putting them back together
- Experience of thermoforming, however not essential as training will be provided
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A team player with a can-do attitude
Benefits you will receive as our Thermoform Setter:
- Life Assurance, making sure your loved ones are looked after, just in case anything happens to you.
- Pension, looking forward to the future, it may seem a long way off but saving now through our salary sacrifice scheme means you are ready for retirement
- BUPA Cash Plan, looking after your health and wellbeing, our non-contributory cash plan with BUPA helps you do that with money off vital treatment, like the dentist, chiropractor or new glasses plus much more
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme is also available for anything you need to talk about confidentially
- Cycle to work on your new bike, the sustainable way to travel
If you feel you have what it takes to become our Thermoform Setter click ‘Apply’ today, we would love to hear from you!
Company: Faerch Group
Job Location: Ely, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A