Human Resource Specialist in FAO Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
This job listing is about FAO in Kampala, Central Region, Uganda 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The main aim of the FAO Country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The FAO Representation in Uganda provides technical assistance to the Government of Uganda in the Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, Climate Change, Food Security and Livelihoods and related sectors . The Human Resource Specialist position is located in Kampala, Uganda.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR), while closely working with Assistant FAOR Administration and receiving technical guidance of the Human Resources Division, liaising with the Regional Senior HR Officer, the Human Resource Specialist will report directly to the Deputy FAOR.
Provide support in all human resource and travel matters for FAO Uganda
Tasks And Responsibilities
The Human Resource Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the recruitment processes of the country office (support with the preparation of vacancy announcements, screening of applications (shortlisting), scheduling of interviews, taking interview minutes/notes, keeping records of individual scores and drafting Interview/Selection report).
- Provide timely and proactive information to employees regarding status of contracts and support with renewal of contracts, appointments, extensions, transfers and terminations, etc.;
- Support the Assistant FAOR Administration and Operations Officer in analysing, and following-up on a variety of complex human resources requests from employees
- Provide orientation and on-boarding to employees (specifically carry out briefing and de-briefing to employees, provide information as to staff entitlements and specificities of contracts, human resources policy-related issues as well as social security, insurance and administrative law )
- Update organization charts and staffing tables; draft correspondence, prepare reports and statistics related to human resources as and when appropriate;
- Update confidential personnel information, records and files; ensure completeness and accuracy of records and follow-up on actions to be taken in the system;
- Support the Assistant FAOR Administration and Operations Officer to investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with the FAO Uganda Finance Unit; prepare payment instructions accordingly;
- Identify learning and Development gaps within FAO Uganda Office and initiate and implement learning and development activities with guidance of Operations Officer and approval of DFAOR and FAOR
- Share updated HR policies with FAO Uganda employees and ensure compliance with all the rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s degreein Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related subject, a Masters is an added advantage
- Relevant work experience in human resources support work (5 years for Bachelor’s degree holders and 7 years of relevant work experience for Master’s degree holders)
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Uganda.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent knowledge of the essential elements of Human Resources activities and transactions, including corporate policies, rules and procedures
- Extent and relevance of HR experience with UN or other humanitarian organizations is desirable
- Very good knowledge of relevant ERP systems that support completion of HR activities/tasks/processes
- Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team, and with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accreditedecognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
24/Dec/2022, 6:59:00 AM
Type of Requisition
NPP (National Project Personnel)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
Application Deadline: N/A