Website General Dynamics Information Technology
This job listing is about General Dynamics Information Technology in International, Osh Region, Kyrgyzstan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Type Of Requisition
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess
Clearance Level Must Be Able To Obtain
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required
GDIT is currently looking for a Field Service Engineer in Support of AFRICOM in Stuttgart Germany. Successful candidates will need to have a current and active Secret Clearance, and be able to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
Must meet TESA requirements in order to be considered: TESA Accreditation Requirements; A bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR; An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; 11 years of recent specialized experience.
As the selected Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Conduct Site Survey to prepare for network upgrades and to produce distinctive work packages for implementation actions.
- Site survey undertakings to provide engineering and supporting documentation.
- Testing of network hardware at different locations throughout Europe
- Prepare floor space diagrams, rack equipment diagrams, connectivity tables, and installation checklists.
- Knowledgeable utilizing the Microsoft applications such as, Visio, Word, and Excel.
- Plan, deploy, install, test, troubleshoot and repair standard network infrastructure systems.
- Installation and/or removal of equipment into a rack or cabinet, cable ladder and patch panels.
- Installation of network devices and the interface cables to facilitate required interconnectivity.
- Engineer new designs to resolve cabinet management and network device issues.
- Troubleshoot and repair network connectivity on numerous devices, to include routers and switches in a telecommunications room.
- Experience with Telecommunication Room Remediation, Network Migration, LCR Life Cycle Replacement, and Help Desk Remedy
- Interconnection of various networking devices via Fiber and CAT6 cabling.
- Organizing Network rooms and working with customer to upgrade network equipment throughout Europe.
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, worldwide, and virtual private networks (VPN).
- Plans, evaluates, designs, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Test source to destination.
- Identify and resolve all issues.
- Repair or Replace cables if they are damaged, have signs of wear and tear, fails testing, or does not meet current standard.
- Replace damaged faceplates and outlets on the user side.
- Replace faulty circuit breakers.
- Cable management, verify all labels and update/generate documentation.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that includes selection and recommendation of hardware and software packages.
- Provide embedded support at customer location.
- Installs and maintains network facilities, including hardware, software, and system data for small networks.
- Performs data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment.
- Interpret design plans provided by the customer.
- Must be able obtain Level 4 Badge.
- Provide escort to vendors or personnel to TRs or other Secure Areas.
Travel is be Require to Other European Countries.
Candidate is required to perform other additional duties in support the Contract.
Candidate is required to maintain IT Certification up-to-date.
- Cisco LAN/WLAN Vendor Knowledge
- Cisco certifications
- 8570 Certifications
- US Citizenship with active US Passport.
- TESA Accreditation Requirements; A bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR; An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; 11 years of recent specialized experience.
- Must have a current and active Secret clearance and be able to TS/SCI Clearance
#GDITPriority #CECOMWFS #DefenseOCONUS
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: International, Osh Region, Kyrgyzstan
Application Deadline: N/A