This job listing is about SGS in Pita, Mamou Region, Guinea 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS Bateman’s multidiscipline engineering team provides integrated engineering services for processing plants and related operations. Using proven ISO methodologies enhanced by innovative approaches, the team transforms conceptual designs into operational manual processing plants of all sizes and complexities. An extensive suite of enhanced 3-D design tools and modeling software allow our engineering team to visualize all aspects of plant development
Responsible for co-ordination of construction activities and supporting the Construction Manager in the management and supervision of all construction and pre-commissioning activities in your area of the project to ensure that the project is completed
- Liaise with Quantity Surveyor and ensures opportunity is given for measurement of all works in ample time
- Liaise with Subcontracts Administrator for detailing scope changes and related change orders.
- Ensure that all necessary tests are carried out and recorded
- Check that the stores protective maintenance of the equipment is carried out and recorded
- Assist with all work releases to the Subcontractor in conjunction with the Site manager
- Ensure that drawings, specifications and schedules are correctly interpreted by the Subcontractor
- Inspect the subcontracted works to ensure that acceptable work standards are achieved
- Check equipment before release to the Subcontractor and advising Materials Controller of any defects or where damage has occurred
- Advise the Area Field Engineer where project drawings require additional information for construction purposes and assist in resolving of technical queries
- Check the acceptability of the methods and practices proposed by Subcontractor
- Responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own work
- Evaluate construction progress and liaise with the Project Planner
- Responsible to identify potential HSE hazards in your area together with contractors working in the area and to ensure implementation of risk treatment plans by the contractors in consultation with the assigned HSE Advisor to your area.
- Undertake any additional tasks that may be required by the Construction Manger
- Read, understand and obey the HSE policies arrangements/procedures and rules as issued.
- Always work in accordance with method statements and risk assessments as provided.
- Take care of your own health and safety whilst at work; and ensure your activities do not adversely affect the health and safety of others.
- Report to immediate supervisor all incidents, which have or could result in personal injury or environmental damage.
- Actively role model and promote the company’s values and Code of Business Conduct.formance Measurement
Professionally, S3 or S4 or equivalent qualification with at least 5 years’ experience on large multi-disciplinary projects
Skills And Experience
A proven track record of 8 years plus experience in engineering design and project management, in EPCM projects.
Site based position in Guinea.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pita, Mamou Region, Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A