Financial Analyst (Planning, Budgeting and Financial Analysis) in EY Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
This job listing is about EY in Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
At EY, we strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Ernst & Young Caribbean (EYC), one of the region’s largest seamlessly and fully integrated professional services firms, has offices in Trinidad, Guyana, Saint Lucia, Barbados, Jamaica, Curacao, Aruba and Suriname.
Our Trinidad PBFA (Planning, Budgeting and Financial Analysis) team is seeking a strong Financial Analyst to support the EY Caribbean Finance team. The chosen candidate will act as a finance professional and serve as a business partner and strategic advisor to key business leaders, assisting the EYC team in providing critical thinking on business direction, operating performance and financial results.
This role will establish a trusted relationship with their client, understanding their needs and teaming with other Finance team members to bring best in class analytical support, functional expertise and reporting solutions.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting the EYC leadership and managers in providing insights to the business. It includes weekly and monthly performance reviews, Strategic and Financial planning processes, business modelling and ad hoc analysis
- Covering P&L performance reviews and also Markets Finance aspects related to specific account performance
- Delivering weekly and monthly performance reviews for respective business, adding insights, financial analysis and commentary. Maintaining a robust month end reporting process, and ensuring commentaries are timely, insightful and action oriented
- Responding to requests from Finance and SL Leadership to answer specific ad hoc financial questions and provide insightful information to advance leadership discussion and decision making. Supporting the design and delivery of ad hoc financial analysis. Ability to model projections, identify trends and issues that need to be analyzed and understood
- Taking part and leading planning/forecasting processes. Supporting the timely completion of the various Plan, Forecast, LRP and revenue planning cycles, ensuring outputs align to the objectives set at the Regional, Area and Global levels
- Taking part in improvement projects for example margin improvement or systems implementation
Skills And Attributes For Success
- It is expected that this individual works with minimum supervision of Senior team members
- Ability to work in a virtual global organization respecting international cultures
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Good presentation, leadership, problem-solving, analytical and listening skills
- Ablilty to demonstrate initiative in approach to problem solving
- Computer proficiency: the individual must be proficient or trainable in complex aspects of financial software packages, including Essbase, Hyperion, Business Objects
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools, predominantly Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Power BI will be an asset
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Solid academic background holding a degree in Accounting or Finance
- ACCA/CIMA qualified (or pursuing designation)
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in finance/business roles with minimum 2 years of analytical, forecasting and budgeting experience
What We Offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Application Deadline: N/A