This listing is about Flex in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We are looking for an Interim Site Operations Director (6 months) for our site based in Warrington.
General purpose of the role:
- Responsible for leading day-to-day operations and core functions of operations to achieve and maintain operational excellence.
- Direct line management of 5 Senior Managers and Project Managers, with total people responsibility and budget of over 100 employees
- Responsible for managing the site wide Lean Six Sigma program to achieve the continuous improvements targets and costs savings.
- Responsible for the core engineering function to support operational performance and NPI.
- Active and contributing member of the site senior management team.
- Lead Operational strategy across the Warrington site
- Direct the day-to-day activities of line leaders within full operations: the warehouse, repair, returns and engineering team to meet the customer SLAs.
- Be accountable for P&L performance for the end-to-end operations department
- Develop and control operational budgets across labour and operational expenses to promote profitability, increase efficiency and ensure the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives and customer SLAs within the agreed financial parameters.
- Responsible for site wide Lean Six Sigma program through the site Black Belt and the delivery of the continuous project work and also for the site engineering function, delivering engineering processes and solutions, including the day-to-day responsibilities for the test engineering solutions in support of returns processing.
- Drive quality performance across the department, ensuring right-first-time culture is entrenched in the operational way of working.
- Drive continuous improvement culture (kaizen, 5S standards, Six Sigma) and costs savings initiatives throughout the department.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that the core operational functions achieve the business objectives, maintain compliance to business asset and risk management, legislation and Trade & Compliance standards.
- Collaborating with stakeholders, Work across multiple departments to maximise operating efficiencies and growth opportunities across the operational business, such as supporting the business development function.
- Implement appropriate human resource strategies and actions to improve engagement, reward, recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
- Develop the resource talent to ensure execution of operational excellence and business plans.
- Ensures Flex values and ‘Ways-of-Working’ are part of the operational team working life.
- Working with senior leadership team, provide strategic leadership for the functional area to ensure long term prosperity, customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Ensure the compliance of environmental. health and safety regulations and that the safety standards, process and policies are adhere to throughout the operations department.
- Participate in and contribute to the inputs and solutions required of new business development, such as processes, resources allocation, layouts, equipment and plant to meet the customer requirements.
- Undertake senior management responsibilities for external relationships with suppliers and customers, including client account management engagement to ensure customer satisfaction and positive relationships with customers.
- Provide oversight for the delivery of key projects within the department, covering IS&T systems (ERP, WMS), new business onboarding and development of new services or configuration of existing systems to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure the high standards for systems and process for the inventory management, cycle count and stock accuracy within the business ERPs systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in the related field
- Strong experience in an Operational Management role in Aftermarket, Logistics or Manufacturing Services.
- More years experience in Management of engineering discipline – electronics or electrical preferable.
- Management of Lean Six Sigma program or other continuous improvement program.
- Eligible to work in the UK
Place of work: Warrington
Interested? Flex recognises the changing needs of employees and the importance of a work life balance, so we are proud to have a FLEXible working policy in place. This includes a flexi-time system and the opportunity to work some of the week from home, following successful completion of your probation period. Additional site benefits include free on site parking and a great safe working environment.
You will also be entitled to:
- The ability to purchase additional holidays
- Continuous training and development
- Employee reward and recognition scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
Please note that our recruitment team is based in Hungary and therefore you may be called by an international number. (+36…)
Please also be aware that there are currently no direct public transport links to site so possessing your own transport is required.
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We’re happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: [email protected].
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com