This Job Listing is about Form Energy in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The Software & Analytics team at Form Energy is looking for a European Power Market Analyst to drive the expansion of our analytics capabilities and offerings in Europe. You will leverage your European power market expertise and Form Energy’s analytics tools to evaluate deployment scenarios for multi-day storage (MDS) and the financial returns of these deployment scenarios. Working at the intersection of optimization, energy, and finance, you will work closely with internal Form stakeholders and external customers to help the region chart a course to a clean electric grid. As the analytical spearhead of Form’s European growth, this role will help lay the critical foundation for expansion and new market entry.
What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Leverage your power market expertise, Form Energy’s analytics tools, and additional tools and data sources to support Form’s European market prioritization and entry efforts
- Expand Form’s data pipeline and toolkit to include the resources necessary to accurately model MDS in Form’s priority European markets
- Engage with partners to understand their project requirements, value drivers and mapping these to analytics engagements.
- Aggregate data, set up and running optimization and Excel-based models, and
- Interpret and visualize outputs to communicate compelling business cases for MDS
- Create thought leadership collateral and storytelling techniques to expand Form’s recognition in the region and to support the development of markets for Form’s products
- As Form’s business development activities in Europe expand, help grow the team to achieve Form’s deployment targets in the region
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- 1-4 years of work experience in market modeling or financial analysis in the renewable energy or energy storage space in one or more major European markets
- Deep knowledge of power markets
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface effectively with software, analytics, and business development teams
- Analytical problem solving skills: ability to collect and organize large data sets, run extensive quantitative analysis to address complex questions and present complex results in clear compelling ways
- Experience with Python (primarily Pandas, Numpy, and data visualization tools such as Altair and Plotly)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, engineering, mathematics, or other technical subjects
- Passion for the mission!