Website Frazer-Nash Consultancy
This listing is about FrazerNash Consultancy in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Closing date – 28th February 2022 but we would encourage early applications.
Locations considered: Warrington, Bristol, Burton-upon-Trent or Gloucester.
Salary range is £40,000 – £60,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our Sustainability & Environmental Assurance Group provides support to the organisations, projects, and infrastructure, that underpin society. We help our clients to not only achieve compliance, and reduce their environmental impact, but also support their drive towards environmental sustainability. We do this for some of the largest, most technically complex, projects in the world. This provides our staff with the opportunity to work on a diverse range of multidisciplinary projects that help to make all our lives safer, more secure and sustainable.
Our people join us to make a positive impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our highly supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
Due to the significant continuing growth of our environmental consultancy business: We are seeking experienced environmental management, compliance and permitting practitioners to support our work across the Defence, Clean Energy (Nuclear & Renewables), Transport (Rail & Aerospace) and Heavy Industrial sectors.
Do you have environmental management and permitting experience from work on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects in the Clean Energy & Transport sectors? Are you familiar with environmental management in the Defence sector? Do you want to work on multidisciplinary projects supporting the infrastructure, and services, which society depends upon?
We are looking for people who share our values and want to make a positive impact on the world and society. Motivated individuals who want to make lives safer, more secure, more sustainable and affordable. Pro-active environmental management specialists with hands on experience of helping their organisation and/or clients to achieve compliance, reduce their environmental impact and manage environmental risk.
Successful candidates will work within the Environmental Assurance Team. They will often be expected to take a lead on the technical and commercial aspects of projects, ensuring delivery to time and budget, as well as a high standard to exceed client expectations. The development of new business, services, and enhanced offerings to clients, will also form part of the role.
You will have:
- A Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in an environmental, engineering, or physical science.
- Previous hands-on experience of environmental compliance and management for an organisation in the Defence, Clean Energy, Transport and/or Heavy Industrial sectors. This can be as a consultant or as an in-house practitioner.
- Experience in more than one of the technical areas outlined below
Environmental Aspects, Risk and Impact Assessments;
Environmental Permitting and Exemption Registrations (conventional permits or radioactive substances);
Defence Standard (DEFSTAN) 0051 & MOD Project Oriented Environmental Management Systems (POEMS);
Development of ISO14001 Environmental Management Systems;
Environmental Risk & Compliance Auditing;
Guidance on Requirements for Release of Nuclear Sites from Radioactive Substances Regulation;
Design for the Environment;
Best Available Techniques (BAT) Studies and Gap Analysis (Conventional or Radioactive);
Options Appraisals & Optioneering;
Waste Minimisation & Management Strategy (Conventional or Radioactive);
Pre-Acquisition / Transactional Environmental Due Diligence;
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to effectively communicate environmental information / requirements to senior managers;
- Excellent networking skills. For more senior candidates this will be demonstrated by a portfolio of established industry contacts.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Additional qualifications / certification in environmental auditing (e.g. IRCA / IEMA);
- Membership of a recognised professional institution with chartered status (or evidence that this is being worked towards);
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary projects; Demonstrable track record of securing new business and delivering high quality work to clients / management stakeholders;
- Experience of working in a systems / engineering environment.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary: [£40,000 – £60,000]
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Targeted professional development.
- Life assurance.
- Private healthcare membership.
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance.
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution.
- Support in attaining professional membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season rail ticket loan.
Company: Frazer-Nash Consultancy
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org