Website Frazer-Nash Consultancy
This listing is about FrazerNash Consultancy in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
This role could be based at any of our UK offices
Closing date is 3rd February but we would encourage early applications
Salary £40,000 To £70,000 Pa Depending On Experience
The Energy Business Unit includes a wide range of industries from renewable energy, oil and gas, nuclear power and turbomachinery as well as the energy networks, systems and storage required for their integration. We pride ourselves in using cutting edge engineering methods to help our clients solve their high value technical problems.
Our Nuclear Analysis group supports OEMs, operators, research organisations, regulators and third party suppliers globally, across the wide remit of the nuclear industry from generation to decommissioning to the development of new build, AMR and supporting the realisation of commercial nuclear fusion power. We are market leaders in many of these areas with industry experts in most technical disciplines, and are excited to extend this position into the AMR and fusion industries.
Frazer Nash has been involved in the fusion and AMR arenas for a number of years, but with the growing global momentum and our own national imperative to meet our net zero carbon emission target by 2050, these technologies form part of a number of energy platforms that will be crucial to achieving net zero whilst maintaining security of supply. One of the key technical challenges facing the industry is how to develop a design from the theoretical into a functioning design that can be built and operated economically.
We are therefore seeking a motivated and experienced professional engineer or scientist to help us to develop our advanced design and manufacturing workstreams for our clients within the AMR and fusion industries.
Bringing a combination of sought-after skills and a wider knowledge of the nuclear industry, the successful candidate will spend their time solving exciting technical challenges for our clients, all of whom are working towards the realisation of next-generation nuclear generation technologies. In parallel, the role will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to take a lead role in developing our business accounts across a wide range of clients. This is a highly exciting time to be a part of the nuclear industry.
This role can be defined as comprising of three components:
- Involvement in the stimulating technical challenges associated with the realisation of AMR or fusion technologies, including consideration to design and advanced manufacturing techniques
- An opportunity to use your existing or develop your commercial prowess
- Engagement with clients and the wider supply chain supporting the fusion and AMR programmes, both in the UK internationally.
These are some examples of technical disciplines which would be beneficial to this role, although other relevant experience would also be considered:
- Design and manufacture of safety critical systems
- Fission plant design, manufacture and/or operational experience
- Experience in some, or all of the following fusion related disciplines: tritium engineering, plasma physics, superconducting magnet technologies, cryogenics or vacuum system engineering
- High temperature materials
- Advanced technique appreciation (joining, materials, fabrication, etc.)
Whatever expertise you feel you bring to this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and help to grow our fusion capabilities, combining your technical skills with insights into the industry to further develop our business accounts across a wide range of clients.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related discipline
- An established position within the nuclear industry
- Be a strong team player but with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Proactive personality
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience of nuclear fusion technologies or AMR developments
- Previous consultancy experience
- Experience in writing proposals, client liaison and business development
- Have Chartered Engineer status
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary: [£40,000 – £70,000]
- Happy To Talk Flexible Working
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
Company: Frazer-Nash Consultancy
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com