Website Frazer-Nash Consultancy
This listing is about FrazerNash Consultancy in Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Closing date – 28th February 2022 but we would encourage early applications.
Locations considered: Gloucester, Burton-upon-Trent, Bristol, Warrington or Dorking.
Salary range is £50,000 – £70,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our Sustainability & Environmental Assurance Group supports the organisations, projects and infrastructure that underpin society. We help some of the largest, most technically complex, organisations and projects in the world to decarbonise, reduce their environmental impact, and manage the transition to a low carbon economy. Our work is at the cutting edge of decarbonisation in sectors that are critical to national infrastructure, security and the economy. Our staff have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of multidisciplinary projects that make lives safer, more secure and sustainable.
Our people join us to make a positive impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our highly supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
Due to significant growth and demand for our Net Zero advisory services in the Defence, Clean Energy, Transport and Heavy Industry sectors, we are seeking experienced sustainability practitioners with significant knowledge and understanding of decarbonisation, climate adaptation, climate mitigation and climate resilience.
Apply to join our Sustainability & Environmental Assurance Group
Do you want to work on large multidisciplinary projects supporting the services upon which society depends? Do you want to help to decarbonise industry, and shape the development of low carbon infrastructure? Do you want to work with some of the world’s best engineers and scientists on projects that will deliver lasting positive change?
We are looking for people who:
- Want to have a positive impact on the world and society.
- Are equally at home conducting numerical analysis, applying creative problem-solving skills, and presenting to senior executives, high ranking civil servants and industry leaders.
- Are able to see the bigger picture as well as have an eye for detail.
- Are effective collaborators working as part of a dynamic team.
- Have a strong sense of professionalism and integrity.
The successful candidate will work within the Sustainability & Environmental Assurance Team, delivering carbon, climate, sustainability and other consultancy projects. They will often be expected to take a lead on the technical and commercial aspects of projects, ensuring delivery to time and budget, as well as a high standard to exceed client expectations. The development of new business, services, and enhanced offerings to clients, will also form part of the role.
You will have:
- A Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in an environmental, sustainability, engineering or related discipline.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to influence effectively.
- Strong numeracy.
- Experience of providing focused advice / consultancy (either as an in-house advisor / manager or as an external consultant) in one or more of the following:
- Greenhouse gas emissions calculation, benchmarking, analysis and modelling.
- Net Zero strategy development.
- Assessment of climate related risk & opportunity (e.g. TCFD).
- Organisational decarbonisation, with a specific focus on technology integration (physical & virtual), feasibility, and managing strategic risk.
- Management of sustainability across the lifecycle of large infrastructure projects.
- Supply chain decarbonisation (calculation & reduction)
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional criteria:
- Experience in the Defence, Transport, Energy or Heavy Industry sectors.
- Experience in:
- Circular Economy, with a specific focus on eco-design / Design for the Environment (DfE) & technology integration to improve circularity.
- Natural Capital / Nature Based Solutions / Ecosystem Services.
- Social Value.
- Aligning Corporate Performance to UN SDGs.
- The application of current/emerging energy or carbon standards (e.g. ISO 50001, PAS 2080, ISO 14044).
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- A proven and demonstrable track-record in sustainability consultancy.
- Experience of advising C-suite on sustainability.
- Demonstrable track record of securing new business and delivering high quality work to clients / management stakeholders.
- Strong professional network in sustainability and credible connections with key professional stakeholders
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertakes, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary: [£50,000 – £70,000]
- 25 days holiday entitlement.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Private healthcare membership.
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance.
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution.
- Support in attaining professional membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season rail ticket loan.
Company: Frazer-Nash Consultancy
Job Location: Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com