Website Freedom Finance Ltd
This listing is about Freedom Finance Ltd in Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Are you an experienced Data/DWH Engineer professional looking for a new challenge?
If the answer is Yes, Freedom Finance have the perfect opportunity for you! Freedom Finance is an award-winning and growing FinTech company. We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our team in Manchester.
Open to UK residents. Remote working available with some attendance required at our Manchester office.
What we can offer you:
- Salary up to £55,000 (dependent on experience)
- Hybrid working arrangements (2 days in the office, 3 days’ work from home)
- 30 days holidays inclusive of Bank holidays
- Westfield Healthcare cash plan
- Life Assurance
- Holiday buy & sell
- Workplace pension
- Access to our great benefits portal with a range of retailer discounts
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the DWH schemas and data processes that underpin our reporting, analytics, and insight
- Design and implement database schemas/models
- Design and implement data pipelines using AWS Glue/PySpark
- Automate and enhance data pipelines and their release processes
- Create technical documentation for the ELT jobs, data lake and data warehouse
- Define standards and best practices
- Assist support teams in problem-solving and root cause analysis of complex data issues, providing ad-hoc data querying to the business where needed.
- Build and maintain a single customer view
- Work alongside our BI developers and data scientists to evolve our data landscape and produce new capabilities to uncover insight and deploy analytical models
Have you got what it takes?
The role requires drive, energy and passion and will suit anyone looking to make a big difference in an organisation that is growing fast and developing capabilities in advanced analytics and machine learning, working as part of an innovative Platform function.
What do you need?
- AWS Redshift, AWS DMS, AWS Glue & SQL knowledge
- Comfortable developing data flows with Python and PySpark
- Infrastructure as code (desirable) – Terraform, CloudFormation, Serverless
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Previous, proven experience of designing/developing data warehousing solutions
- Experience of working within a team of Data Engineers & BI developers
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to interact with all levels of end-users and technical teams
If this sounds like the right career move for you, click apply for our Data Engineer role!
At Freedom Finance we are committed to equality and diversity. We ensure that the job criterion is relevant to the successful undertaking of the job. We do not indirectly disadvantage any persons on the grounds of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, or social status.
As part of any recruitment process, Freedom Group collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Freedom Group is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Please visit the below link to view our Data Privacy Statement.
https://freedomfinance.peoplehr.net/Handlers/RichTextEditorImageDownload.ashx?file=/Recruitment Privacy Statement.pdf
Company: Freedom Finance Ltd
Job Location: Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A