Website GEA Group
This listing is about GEA Group in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Responsibilities / Tasks
Want to join us to contribute to a better world? #PeopleofGEA
Reporting to the Head of Automation LPT, the Automation Engineer will be responsible for
We are looking for an Automation Engineer to join our Automation & Electrical team in Warrington.
- Software creation with good structure and documentation.
- Changes to existing software on new/pre-existing equipment.
- Service work (Automation and some minor Mechanical/Electrical is expected).
- Commissioning Activities & troubleshooting (Site and Remote).
- Complete the installation of relevant rebuilding / upgrade kits according to procedures and reinstate equipment into production environment according to defined expectations
- You will complete a detailed technical report with suitable recommendations in order to ensure customer reliability and confidence in GEA.
- You will be expected to act as as an ambassador for GEA at all times, ensuring and promoting good working relationships with the customer and that GEA’ s reputation is sustained
- You will be accountable to execute all work in accordance with GEA and Customer safety regulations and requirements.
- You will be expected to drive GEA customers to upgrade existing machine/plant, in order to maintain the highest grade of efficiency and performance guarantees.
- Be Prepared for frequent travels throughout the UK (approx. 50% of the time) and, being part of a wider GEA Service Organization, you might also be required to travel abroad.
Your Profile / Qualifications
- Technical Degree or Certification in an Engineering or related discipline or equivalent skills and experience
- Background in Beverage / Dairy / Pharmaceutical / Food / Chemical industry
- Have a good working knowledge of Company Systems to carry out duties required.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Have a technical education in Software, Electric and Electronic Engineering (completed courses etc).
- Have good interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
- Have spent a minimum of 5 year providing Automation Support on installation, commissioning and servicing of equipment and/or processing lines., preferably in the food, chemical or pharmaceutical applications.
- You will have developed specific competences in Automation with special regard to HMI interface, OP panels, PLC programming and fault finding and Electrical Engineering with a good knowledge on Electrical Panels, MCC, Process instrumentation and electrical installation, mainly oriented to the troubleshooting and fault findings.
- Possess a “problem solving” approach, you are methodical and efficient.
- Have a flexible approach and availability to work in the weekends and overnight, if requested.
- Customer satisfaction is your key priority.
- A high level of understanding of Automation systems such as Instrumentation, Drives, Industrial Networking, PLC and SCADA programming software and preferalably virualisation and emerging technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders with a customer focused mindset
- A valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Automation / Service environment.
- IT literate with good keyboard skills.
Did we spark your interest?
Then please click apply above to access our guided application process.
Company: GEA Group
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A