Genetic Counsellor in Austin Health All Pines, Belize
Website Austin Health
This job listing is about Austin Health in All Pines, Belize 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
- Genetic Counsellor (Grade 1-3) to provide clinical genetic counselling services.
- Full-Time and/or Part-Time available
- Fixed-Term positions (up to 24 months)
About Austin Health
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the North East of Melbourne and state-wide. We have a highly engaged, diverse and collaborative workforce that is unified by our purpose, which is to help people live healthy and fulfilled lives.
About Clinical Genetics
Austin Health Clinical Genetics Servic e coordinates and delivers clinical genetics services at Austin Health, Eastern Health and Northern Health. In addition, family cancer clinics are conducted at Albury/Wodonga, Ballarat and Shepparton.
A Regular Day Will See You
About the role:
- Providing genetic counselling to individuals seeking information about their family history of cancer and other genetic disorders in line with current standard of care. This includes clinics at Austin Health, Northern Health, Eastern Health and regional centres (Ballarat, Shepparton , Albury).
- Working in conjuction with other genetic team members such as genetic counsellors, clinical geneticists, onvologist, medical specialists, genetics fellows, data managers and admininstrative staff in providing an effective clinical genetics service
- Participate in supervision and professional development as set by the HGSA, and education of health professionals and other groups at Austin Health
Ideally, you will have:
- A Master of Genetic Counselling or Graduate Diploma of Genetic Counselling and either have attained or working towards HGSA Board Certification, Fellow HGSA (FHGSA)
- Demonstrated good knowledge and understanding of the principles of genetic counselling including medical, genetic and psychosocial aspects
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as autonomously
- Patient focused, compassionate attitude
- Confident, innovative and resourceful approach to work
Working at Austin Health means enjoying a strong sense of purpose, engaging in meaningful work every day. Our people also receive a variety of rewarding benefits, including:
- Greater take-home pay through generous salary packaging
- A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounts on fitness memberships and health insurance, and a comprehensive wellbeing program
- Mentoring and career development opportunities
- Onsite childcare, easy access via public transport, car parking and end of journey facilities for cyclists
- Five weeks annual leave, plus purchased leave options
- Flexible, hybrid working arrangements
Inclusion At Austin
We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, physically or culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+, and people of any age.
Work with us!
If you feel this role is right for you, we encourage your early application. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and if required, a Working With Children Check. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, please feel free to reach out to the hiring manager.
Closing date: 16th December
Company: Austin Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: All Pines, Belize
Application Deadline: N/A