This Job Listing is about GHD in Chester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> Job Description
GHD are looking to hire an apprentice! The role is open to candidates that will be based in our Chester Office. You would be enrolled in the Level 3 Geospatial Survey Technician, this is taught at Riverside College in Widnes and 24 month course. You will work four days a week and attend college one day a week - we are looking for a start no later than the 1 0th October.
The role we are seeking to fill is within GHD Digital, where we combine digital tools, technologies and innovative mentalities with 90+ years delivering engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services.
During the course of your studies, you are guided and will work alongside our team within the Digital Experience. The DX team currently deliver innovative and advanced reality capture solutions for our clients. This covers the entire digitisation process: from on-site surveys to data processing to custom platform creation. You will join an experienced team, who will provide guidance and support as you develop your skills and experience by solving real-world problems.
Apprentice Development at GHD
During your apprenticeship, you will learn about our business and our values, your team, and most importantly, yourself. You are supported through a variety of development activities, provided guidance, on the job experience and exposure to a diverse range of projects.
Reporting to a Team Leader and collaborating across sectors, your anticipated responsibilities include:
To deliver against these responsibilities you will demonstrate:
Depending on the level of entry, you will need:
- Working at the forefront of digital innovation, providing world class solutions to our clients.
- Planning and attending site surveys. These vary from complex industrial plants to mapping countryside areas. These surveys will utilise a range of technologies:
- Building 3D spatial reference systems using total stations and GNSS rovers.
- Piloting remotely controlled aircraft systems (UAS) to produce photogrammetry models.
- Using drone-mounted technology such as ultrasonic probes for NDT testing
- Using Laser scanners to create precise point cloud models.
- Developing new survey techniques to suit our client’s needs
- Utilising the data collected in site surveys, you will build digital twins to create an online representation of a real-world site.
- Working alongside GIS and engineering design teams, providing vital site information.
Knowledge of, or experience in the following areas is considered beneficial:
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or higher including Maths and English OR
- 3 A levels at Grade C or higher or their equivalent or a relevant Level 3 apprenticeship.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- The ability to work as part of a team, both remotely and in-person.
- A willingness to travel to client sites across the country when required.
- A keen desire to understand current and future challenges facing businesses and develop novel and practical solutions.
What We Offer
We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
We are committed to the success of our people which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career.
- Operating domestic drones or other UAS.
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. We are a team of inquisitive, innovative, and creative problem solvers. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
GHD Digital is a small but rapidly growing, agile start-up within GHD, a successful established engineering & professional services business. You will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to an experienced, knowledgeable, hard-working and fun team. There are great opportunities for career progression, and you’ll be working on a wide variety of projects. We work in an international and diverse atmosphere within a connected network of over 10,000 people.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow forward-thinking minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion lies at the heart of our team culture . We operate a flat intellectual hierarchy meaning every voice is heard and has genuine influence. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and experience, and we recognise the value this brings our collective team approach to solving challenging client problems.
Inclusion is hugely important to us and we want to ensure every team member can balance work around their unique personal circumstances. We will advocate for your professional development and provide access to formal education through the GHD Business School and practical application through technical delivery.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
At GHD Digital, our people-centric and innovative approach combines industry insights with digital mindsets to maximise opportunities for growth and success. Our complete offering builds business value - from location intelligence and data management, to applied innovation, advanced visualisation, and predictive and artificial intelligence.-->
- A competitive salary of £18,000
- A comprehensive benefits package; pension, medical insurance, income protection, 25 days holiday with the option to buy an additional 4 weeks
- Enhanced parental leave
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – cycle to work, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan, discounts on retail & wellbeing classes
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Wellbeing resources and tools, and demonstration of our commitment to wellbeing by signing up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment
- Team led flexible working
- Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or leading a business or team
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals
- An exciting referral program; bring people with you!