Program Associate in Global Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
This job listing is about Global in Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
Who We Are
500 Global is a venture capital firm that invests early in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We work closely with key stakeholders and advise governments and corporations on how best to support entrepreneurial ecosystems so startups can thrive.
500 Global has backed over 6,000 founders representing more than 2,500 companies operating in 77 countries. Our portfolio includes 41 companies valued at over $1 billion and 125 companies valued at over $100 million. Our 140+ plus team members are located in more than 15 countries and bring experience as entrepreneurs, investors, and operators from some of the world’s leading technology companies.
What We Need
We are looking for an amazing Program Associate to join our Cambodia team, based out of Phnom Penh for a period of 12 months. You will report to the Senior Global Program Manager.
Who you are
You share our passion for uplifting people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship. You understand a founder’s journey and thrive in entrepreneurial, creative, fast-paced environments. You bring with you superb organizational and project management skills, keen attention to details, and a strong ability to navigate and build relationships.
What You Will Do
This role will be key to a successful initiative which includes various types of programs and events. You will be responsible for supporting the team in ensuring the successful execution of all the activities run, creating a positive experience for all participants.
Responsibilities can range from program coordination to logistical support, and community engagement activities. You will be responsible for performing administrative duties, support for events and sessions. You will be expected to be available at all program stages and virtual/physical event times scheduled for the duration of the program, including weekends, if any. You will be interacting with founders, mentors, and other program stakeholders on a daily basis. Experience with program management, as well as familiarity with project management is preferred.
Key Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in weekly syncs with the accelerator team
- Conduct outreach and help to recruit startups for the program
- Answer applicants’ questions in English and Khmer, and questions that require local knowledge
- Coordinate and manage Office Hours between the mentors and the founders/startups
- Plan and execute social events for the batch
- Coordinate and oversee daily management for programs
- Source and coordinate local industry speakers and investors to guest speak for the accelerator, per the Program Lead’s request
- Send weekly batch emails (updates; housekeeping; next week’s events; new mentors; various deadlines, etc.)
- Update internal documents and tools for regular reporting and visibility
- Assist in prep for Demo Days, working with the startups, partners and vendors as needed
- Assist in delivery of the Demo Days, ensuring everything and everyone are managed accordingly
- Support the Program Lead and wider team in all aspects of the program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A working knowledge of spoken and written Khmer
- Be one of the most organized people you know
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in multitasking
- Capability to learn & adapt quickly
- Self-starter & prioritize to get tasks done efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment under pressure
- Passionate about startups
- Must be able to communicate and work with a team across several time zones
- Work authorization in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Nice to have
- Experience working internationally
- Familiarity with cross cultural business
- Experience coordinating large-scale events
- Experience within the startup ecosystem
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Application Deadline: N/A