This listing is about Gousto in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Passion for hygiene?
This couldn’t be a more exciting time to join our Technical team at Gousto!
£10 per hour
Reporting to: Hygiene Supervisor
Hours: Initially Thursday to Monday 8am till 5pm. Until March 2022 when we switch to shifts: 4 on 4 off 12 hours shifts from 6 – 6 you can pick if you go onto days or nights.
In this busy and interesting role, you will work closely with our production to ensure that the most stringent levels of production and food hygiene are met.
You will complete various cleaning tasks as per the agreed schedules and according to the existing procedures. Help to improve the general housekeeping standards on-site and in the yard areas.
The typical day of a Hygiene Operative involves working in a small team or on your own following a clear cleaning schedule for our production lines and other areas as a part of routine regular cleans. The role will require you to record completion of cleaning activities and ensure due diligence.
What will I be doing?
- Work independently and in a small team
- Support the waste management system on-site, maintain the QA Hold Area in control, be responsible for keeping the area clean and tidy, decant the products for the Charity collections
- Clean various items and areas following the agreed cleaning schedules
- Work with cleaning materials and potentially with chemicals
- Assist team leader/section leader/manager where required
- Help to maintain the yard clean and free from any rubbish
- Work closely with production teams to help in achieving and maintaining good housekeeping standards and the visit ready status every day
- Help to develop the Cleaning Procedures, by supporting the Hygiene Supervisor with creating new and up-dating existing procedures and documents
- Support the business on continuous improvement relating to health and safety and the environment
- Make sure hygiene cleaning is completed to relevant Health & Safety standards
What skills do I need?
- Previous hygiene experience is desirable but not essential
- Understand or be willing to learn the principles and application of Food Safety
- Have a proactive approach to Food Safety
- Be comfortable wearing personal protective equipment and working in a factory environment with cleaning chemicals
- Ability to work cross-functionally, working in a collaborative way to drive housekeeping improvement
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth!
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org