Website Greene King
This listing is about Greene King in Burton upon Trent, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We operate Agile Working, we would like your time spent 50% at our Burton or Bury St Edmunds offices, and 50% from home.
Reporting to IT Director you will play a leading role in setting the Retail vision and strategy for information technology (including digital) and supporting the development of the Retail IT Team. You will collaborate with business colleagues and stakeholders to innovate, propose and shape Retail IT solutions that underpin the business strategy.
Greene King is currently undergoing an exciting large-scale digital/technology transformation and this is role is an integral part of the IT leadership team.
- Own and drive the Retail IT vision and strategy.
- Establish good working relationships with key stakeholders across the business by building effective relationships fully utilising and driving business partnering with divisional exec teams, leaders, and stakeholders.
- Provide direction on the technology vision strategy and road map, status of projects and opportunities to innovate using technology or process changes to deliver benefits in and to transform Greene King’s systems or processes.
- Fully understand the technologies being used across the whole Retail sector and ensure they are considered as part of the IT Strategic Plan and implemented where appropriate.
- Deliver and maintain effective Vendor management to control costs, drive service excellence and mitigate risks to gain increased value from solution and service providers covering contract, metrics, relationship, and delivery management.
- Ensure systems, developed by external parties or internally, are fully tested to ensure their successful implementation and benefit achievement.
- Develop and manage plans to ensure the successful rollout and deployment of systems into the Retail business and pubs and hotels.
- Proactively lead the Retail IT team through effective leadership.
- You’ll be a good balance between strategic and hands on.
- A proven track record of delivering business benefits, committed to delivering results with enthusiasm and a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Will take ownership of issues and drive successful resolutions.
- Is customer focused; skilled at building and developing relationships with customers.
- Has highly effective communication skills.
- Inspires the team to go beyond the norm to deliver timely excellence.
- Experience of the Retail sector and EPOS, process efficiency and payment systems
- Be proactively looking for new opportunities and technologies that can be used to innovate, generate sales, improve service, quality and efficiency
- Implementing retail systems and EPOS solutions to achieve business advantage
- Driving user ownership of retail and EPOS solutions with an appropriate balance of support and challenge
- Proactive involvement in ensuring the achievement of desired business benefits in a fast moving, changing business environment
- Track record of delivering on time to budget
- Cross functional working and leadership to deliver digital transformation changes.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country’s leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What’s it like to work with us?
It’s our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other – Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed – You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together – Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us ?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry’s leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Company: Greene King
Job Location: Burton upon Trent, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org