This listing is about GRUNDFOS in Leighton Buzzard, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Grundfos are looking for a Proposals Engineer to join our Proposals team based in the UK. We are looking for someone to be responsible for managing, co-ordinating and administering project and site services proposals, from bid through to submittal to the client and award and in some cases minor delivery. Someone with pump knowledge would be a bonus.
What else would this role include?
- Completion of Pre-qualification (PQQ) and Request for Information (RFI) requests as part of the client procurement process.
- Development of technical solutions in collaboration with Grundfos product experts and 3rd parties.
- Develop the pre-bid stages of definition, planning, solution development, procurement, construction and handover, including risk assessment.
- Initiate and direct the planning and execution of pricing budgets, quote approval, scope definition, technical specifications, contract terms, and delivery schedules supported by the Proposals Manager.
- Develop and lead the presentation of the Proposal for internal review and approval.
- Lead order handover to Projects team including checking quote, costings and order received align and communication of scope.
- Review procurement and supply chain strategy to ensure compatibility with proposal project plans, schedules, and budget.
- Development of proposal cost build up and modelling of whole life cost
- Ability to understand Electrical/ Electronic design drawings, P&ID and Form 2 & 4 Panel circuit layouts
- Manage all sub-suppliers and sub-contractors and ensure alignment of service levels with the Grundfos submission
- Understanding to build quotations including Installation and/or commissioning resource, timescales to carry out site works, and include site service materials and Tools required to complete works
- Package projects with Grundfos and non-Grundfos products to offer added value to the customer
- Competent knowledge of product features advantages and benefits
What Qualifications/Experience should you possess?
- Proposals Management experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft IT packages
- Knowledge of SAP CRM / BW, Excel Quote costing sheets / word proposals
- Ideally qualified to HNC level Mechanical or Electrical qualification
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements associated with products and project delivery
- Working knowledge of ATEX and DSEAR standards & regulations desirable
We would like someone with a high degree of business acumen, confident and articulate communication skills. You will be an organised self-starter with a proactive approach and able to work on your own initiative. You will have high commitment and drive with the ability to work under pressure in a demanding and ever changing environment, meeting strict time deadlines.
We are flexible with location for this role, the person can be based at either our Leighton Buzzard office or our Warrington office. The working days are Monday-Friday, hours are 37.5hours per week.
Grundfos is the world’s leading manufacturer of energy efficiency and intelligent water solutions with an annual production of 17 million units, offices in more than 55 countries and over 19,000 employees worldwide. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do, as we believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
We can also offer you:
- Trusting, collaborative and friendly culture
- Endless learning possibilities
- International environment that value work-life balance
- Comfortable and modern working place
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
If this job sounds like its for you, please click ‘Apply’.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on linkedin.com/company/grundfos or youtube.com/user/grundfos
We look forward to hearing from you
Water is our business. With our pumps and pump solutions, we set the standard and keep raising the bar when it comes to water and energy efficiency and protecting the environment. We are passionate about what we do and want to make a difference everyday.
Job Location: Leighton Buzzard, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A