This listing is about GS in United Kingdom
About the job
SALARY: Up to £35,500 per annum depending on experience.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, and employee assistance – We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATIONS: 13th February 2022.
A little bit about G4S and the reasons you should join us…
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and being integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
To succeed as an HR Advisor (Generalist) you must have:
- CIPD qualified or work towards qualification
- Graduate level qualification or equivalent
- Previous generalist HR experience at HR Advisor level
- Flexible attitude including willingness to travel within the UK and stay overnight
- Confident & approachable with strong communication skills (ability to communicate and consult at all levels)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrable tact and integrity
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Proactivity in seeking continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills with strong Microsoft Office and / or Google at Work skills, in particular, Word & Excel or Google Doc & Google Sheets
- Ability to work both on their own initiative and as part of a team
As HR Advisor (Generalist) you will form part of the HR team, providing support to the business in line with agreed service levels and standards of performance. The role is required to provide a full HR advisory and support service to management and employees based at various sites. Our head office is based in Sutton, Surrey so whilst this role can be situated anywhere in the UK, there will be a requirement for regular travel to other sites, including Sutton, which could involve some overnight stays.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, you should be capable of:
- Full data analysis and MI reporting for the business, including monitoring KPI data and providing support and guidance to managers in relation to turnover, sickness and other KPI measures
- Manage employee relations cases as appropriate (such as disciplinary, grievances, absence management, long term sickness, performance management, redundancy, flexible working requests and maternity, paternity and parental leave requests)
- Support the Head of HR and HR Business Partner(s) with employee relations issues such as larger scale restructures, acquisitions, disposals and redundancies and TUPE
- Support and advise on the recruitment and selection process including screening and vetting requirements
- Manage and support projects for the HR department and Business as required
- Engage with Agencies and recruitment advertising suppliers to advise on HR / Recruitment best practice.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team (including supporting with a CIPD qualification if required). In addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your CV to [email protected]
Job Location: United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org