GSM/Service Delivery Engineer in Digicel Group Nadi, Western, Fiji
Website Digicel Group
This job listing is about Digicel Group in Nadi, Western, Fiji 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
GSM/ Service Delivery Engineer – West
We are seeking to hire a highly motivated individual as a GSM / Service Delivery Engineer – West with our Technical Department to be based in our Sigatoka Office. The role reports to the Service Delivery Team Leader West.
- Operations and maintenance of all APM/DBS, Power and Transmission equipment’s;
- To ensure 100% availability of all Radio Base Stations at all times. You will ensure Network KPIs are met on monthly basis and strive to streamline processes and delivery of services in smarter way;
- For installation, configuration and troubleshooting of ICT/ ISP and satellite equipment and ensure proper process for installation is followed at all time and breakdowns are attended in timely manner;
- Ability to provide recommendation and bring ideas to improve the service delivery to customers;
- Compilation and submission of weekly performance report. Escalation of all service affecting/potentially service affecting faults.
- Configuration and installation of ICT equipments (RF links, Fiber and satellite equipment)
- Grounding of all the hardware installed on tower and client end
- Prepare installation reports after completion of ICT project and report to be submitted within required timeline
- Troubleshooting of link faults, hardware (links, router, switches, camera, satellite, HPBX equipment) on both tower and client end
- Provide daily updates to your TL and operation coordinator.
- Carry out white glove audit in line with business objective to improve customer expectation and service delivery.
- Ability to climb heights and towers to carry out installation, maintenance and inspection of the ICT equipments.
- Installation of Unwired Modems on customer premises
- Troubleshooting of faults such as speed, signal issue or hardware for customers
- Ensure KPI are met with regards to SC timelines for each fault
- Email configuration for Unwired customers
- Installation of printer onto network where required which would be added revenue for business.
- Installation of outdoor antenna for Unwired customers where there are obstacles or low signal received
- Troubleshoot faults and replace faulty equipment’s for Sky customers
- Installation of Sky equipment on customer premises
- Survey for corporate customers and provide high level design for business to provide quotes
- Interference testing for customers who are facing issues on signal
- Use of CBS app for the installation, service calls and also uploading pictures for all the installation carried out
- Ability to climb heights at customer’s residence.
- Ensure cash collection reconciliation is done daily without any variance
Maintenance of power equipment
- Standby generator routine (check oil level, fuel level, frequency of output voltage)
- Battery routine (check distilled water level, measure battery voltage, ensure batteries are being charged correctly)
- Maintenance of rectifier (output voltage check, alarm history collection and analysis,
- Transporting, connecting and operating standby generators.
- Automatic transfer switch maintenance
- Maintenance of power equipment (up to 230V Ac).
- Liaison with equipment suppliers and maintenance contractors
Maintenance Of Microwave Equipment
- Testing and commissioning of microwave links
- Monitor output power, local oscillator frequencies, receive levels, BER, input voltages of PDH & SDH Radios.
- Alarm monitoring, analysis and correction
- Replacement of PDH radios
- Troubleshooting faults and replacement of faulty module
Maintenance of BTS equipment
- Monitor operation of BTS
- Troubleshoot faults and replace faulty modules
- Configuration and Wiring of external alarms and voltage charging circuits
- Installation of filters (to prevent interference).
- Integration of new sites
- Monitor operation of air-conditioning units (effecting repairs sometimes)
- Drive testing coverage area to ensure optimum reception and fault resolution.
- Maintain inventory of BTS, Test and Transmission equipment.
- Ability to climb towers and carry out maintenance and inspection of installation and equipments
- Work along with Site Acquisition, RF and Transmission to find the most suitable location for new sites.
- Perform testing and commissioning and alarm verification of new sites to ensure that suppliers adhere to Digicel’s standards and specifications.
- Check that the following conform to site documentation and follow up or escalate all anomalies:
- Installation BTS/ PDH/ SDH equipment
- Orientation of antennae
- Electrical wiring
- Battery installation
- Testing functionality of Alarm reporting systems
- earth connections/measurements
- Compilation and submission of weekly performance report. Update of all site acceptance and site status databases. Escalation of all service affecting/potentially service affecting faults.
- Attendance to site related meetings.
- Submission of performance review for direct staff
- You duties also require you to fulfill assigned tasks with Unwired and ICT from time to time
- Use of BMC / CBS to log trouble tickets; follow through and close with proper resolution documentation
Academic Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required For This Role
- Trade/ Diploma in telecommunications/electronics or equivalent
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the maintenance of telecommunications network or ICT communication environment.
- Has knowledge on ICT equipments, HPBX, satellite installation and maintenance of transmission equipments
- Has a knowledge to do structured cabling
- Knowledge of power system maintenance (AC and DC)
- Knowledge of GSM principles, radio transmitter, receivers and antennae
- Ability to operate calibrated testing equipments eg. BER test set, RF power meter, spectrum analyzer, frequency counter, DS-3 test set and sweep oscillator.
Company: Digicel Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nadi, Western, Fiji
Application Deadline: N/A