Website Guardian Jobs
This listing is about Guardian Jobs in Crystal Palace, England, United Kingdom
About the job
HARRIS CITY ACADEMY CRYSTAL PALACE
We are looking to appoint an Early Career Framework Regional Primary Coordinator to support the ECF Regional Manager in leading on design, delivery, recruitment, implementation and quality assurance of the ECF Regional Programmes.
The successful candidate will, ideally, be a qualified teacher with primary leadership experience.
This role is initially offered as a 12-month fixed-term contract, with the possibility for a permanent position for the right candidate.
You will be based at one of our Teaching School Hubs – Harris City Academy Crystal Palace or Harris Academy Chafford Hundred – depending on preference. The hubs work closely together and there will be a requirement to travel between the two locations.
The Harris Federation has two Teaching School Hubs, that are part of wider network of eighty-seven Teaching School Hubs to be designated by the DfE nationally.
- Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Teaching School Hub is based in South London, and oversees the Croydon, Sutton and Epsom and Ewell region.
- Harris Academy Chafford Hundred Teaching School Hub is based in South Essex, and oversees the Basildon, Brentwood, Castle Point, Maldon, Rochford, Southend and Thurrock.
Teaching School Hubs are centres of excellence in professional development for the education workforce. Our purpose is to provide high quality professional learning pathways which develop exceptional educators to enable all children and young people to achieve their potential and provide them with real life chances.
To achieve this aim, we work closely with the Department for Education and other partners such as Curriculum Hubs and Research Schools to deliver on the golden thread of professional development for all schools in our designated region. We will ensure that teachers are able to have clear professional development pathways and continue to grow and flourish. Teachers will be able to access the Hub at any point in their careers.
Evidence informed practice tells us that that the quality of teaching is the single biggest variable in student achievement, outside the students themselves, and it is also the variable most susceptible to the impact of good or poor leadership.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To support the ECF Regional Manager and provide strategic leadership of the Harris ECF Regional Programme
- To work closely with the ECF Regional Manager to produce, agree and regularly monitor, evaluate and review the action/ implementation plan
- To line manage some ECF Cluster Leads and meet with them individually and as a group
- To organise and attend meetings with ECF Writers and the Harris ECF Executive Board
- To organise, meet with and provide training for ECF facilitators as a group
- To strive to meet all the KPIs agreed, and liaise with the DfE when required
- To collaborate on marketing a high-quality Harris ECF regional offer
- To support the ECF Regional Manager in hosting a series of regional launch events as part of a bold marketing campaign
- To attend Headteacher, and ECT network meetings to provide and gather regional intelligence
- To form effective working relations with the leaders of all schools affiliated to the Harris ECF Programme
- To engage with current ECTs, Mentors and Headteachers for feedback, video endorsements and to shape programme improvements
- To support the ECF Regional Manager in developing the required infrastructure to deliver the programme effectively and efficiently
- To work closely with the ECF Regional Manager to manage the budget associated with the ECF programme
- To support the ECF Regional Manager in recruiting and when appropriate, line managing administrative support
- To work closely with the ECF Regional Manager and oversee the recruitment of ECTs and Mentors to the national programme
- To support the ECF Regional Manager in co-ordinating at scale the registration and ongoing access to online training for all participants
- To work closely with the ECF Regional Manager when hosting an annual induction to the programme for schools in each cluster
- To manage communications across multiple clusters of participating schools, through participant handbooks, weekly bulletins, progress reports and a programme calendar of key events
- To work with the ECF Regional Manager to produce and implement a QA evaluation cycle that includes reporting on participant attendance to training and engagement with self-directed tasks; reporting on the quality of training, both content and facilitation, through observations and participant surveys; and reporting on the cost-effectiveness of all operational matters and working with external partners to evaluate the impact of the programme
- To work collaboratively with the ECF Regional Manager and Harris Federation Lead Consultant Team to organise Regional ECT Subject and Age Phase Training Sessions
- To work collaboratively with the ECF Regional Manager to organise Regional Mentor Training Sessions
- To deliver the ECF programme in-line with the DfE Standards for CPD and EEF Recommendations for evidence-based practice and seek to continuously improve the Harris ECF programme in consultation with these groups
- To be able to deliver ECF training to ECTs and Mentors when needed
- To analyse data from the national programme and cluster leads at regular intervals for monitoring and to support ECF Cluster Leads in providing effective interventions when needed
- To maintain links with ECF programme alumni through an online network and engagement events, to track their career progress and build further connections for CPD with the Teaching School Hub
- To attend meetings and conferences that are deemed important to the development of the ECF Programme and the Teaching School Hub, and to work effectively with a range of stakeholders and executives
- To provide effective administrative support
- To liaise with the Appropriate Body Leads for the Teaching School Hubs and Local Authorities
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of quality assuring professional development
- Experience in project management
- Experience and competency with a range of Microsoft applications, including but not limited to: Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Teams.
- Outstanding teacher practitioner across more than one key stage (ideally within the primary phase)
- Experience of budget management
- A track record of success in leadership and management
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Thorough knowledge of the DfE’s Early Career Framework and Recruitment and Retention Strategy. Thorough knowledge of the DfE’s Core Content Framework is also desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of the DfE’s Statutory Guidance for Appropriate Bodies, and NQT training and assessment against the Teacher’s Standards
- Thorough knowledge of DfE’s Standards for CPD and the EEF’s Recommendations for Effective Professional Development 2021, Great Teaching Toolkit, Engaging with Evidence
- Competence in training teachers at all stages of their career
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Exemplary time management and organisational skills; ability to manage multiple work streams at once to ensure ongoing management of a whole project
- A motivator, inspiring confidence in others that they can succeed and achieve their personal best
- Thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum and OFSTED inspection framework
- Ability to lead teams across Teaching School Alliances, MATs and Schools
- Ability to write long, medium and short-term action plans and self-evaluation
For a confidential discussion about the post, or for more information, please contact Natasha Evans, Director of the Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Teaching School Hub, via e-mail.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Company: Guardian Jobs
Job Location: Crystal Palace, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org