Website Guardian Jobs
This listing is about Guardian Jobs in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
About The Role
To work with the Team Manager to support adults with profound multiple learning disabilities ensuring their individual needs are met
- Having good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and use Information Technology for work purposes;
- Provide practical support to enable service users to access community facilities, maintaining existing and developing new support networks and maximise their independence;
- Providing support and supervision to staff, carrying out staff appraisals and assessing their competence levels, ensure training needs are met.
- Having sound knowledge of relevant Government legislation and awareness of trends in this area of work. Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to, and raise safeguarding concerns where necessary
- Taking the lead in the referral process, care planning process, and review meetings for individuals accessing the service. Taking responsibility for managing the Service in the absence of the Team Manager
The Support and Inclusion Team is part of the adults specialist Community Support Services provided by the London Borough of Sutton that aim to:
“Support people with learning disabilities and complex needs, in partnership with others, to promote their independence and achieve their personal goals.”
The Service operates from its base at the Sutton Inclusion Centre, which is a resource Centre for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs. The Service aims to maximize opportunities for people to access community facilities to keep healthy, do things they enjoy and have fulfilling lives.
The service offers a range of activities for people to take part in some of which include; hydrotherapy, art, music, sensory, interactive story-telling, physiotherapy, companion cycling and rebound therapy.
The Service currently operates during the day Monday to Friday however this may change to include weekends and evenings if required.
- Relevant qualification, e.g. NVQ level 3 or equivalent, or the ability and willingness to undertake and successfully complete the qualification.
- Have the ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge in providing practical hands-on support to people with learning disabilities and complex needs and the ability to support other staff to do so effectively. This includes support with dysphagia, positioning, medication, personal care, manual handling and support for health programmes including physiotherapy programmes and Aqua therapy.
- Have experience of providing support and supervision to direct care staff and managing a team of people. Ability to motivate and develop staff, with the ability to assess competency levels and address areas in need of development. Ability to lead staff training.
Company: Guardian Jobs
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com